CHAPTER 28

Tae Hee swore that despite the cold weather outside, she could still feel her sweats forming on her forehead and palms as her eyes met Jungkook's dark orbs. He was looking at her attentively, waiting patiently for the woman in front of him to say something.

She grabbed the blanket tighter around her body and clamped her lips as she gulped. Tae Hee it would be easy to tell him but she didn't expect that she would be this nervous - much more nervous than all the interviews she attended before.

"You see," she started. "The thing about my name...Mina..." Her words jumbled and her heart was palpitating. "My name..."

Right at that moment, Jungkook's phone rang. "Sorry, I think I need to answer the call first," he apologised as he saw his secretary's name on the caller ID.

"It's okay. You can answer the call." Tae Hee smiled.

"I'll be back," he excused himself to somewhere private to answer the call.

As soon as Jungkook was out of her sight, Tae Hee let out a heavy sigh. Her heart was still beating rapidly and she patted her chest to calm herself down. It made her wonder how one can calmly tell that all these while they're lying to their loved one.

"How should I tell him the truth?" she mumbled to herself and buried her face on her knees.

"Mina," Jungkook called after a few minutes.

"Huh?" She quickly lifted her head and turned around to face Jungkook. "Are...are you done with the call?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "And I need to head to the office now. Something urgent came up. Sorry." He felt guilty.

Tae Hee waved her hands and said, "Hey, it's okay. You should go now since they need you." She smiled.

Jungkook scratched the back of his head and bit his lower lip. "About the thing you want to tell me, I'll listen to it once things in the office settle, I promise," he said in an apologetic tone and caressed her cheek. "I'll call my chauffeur and ask him to take you home. He will call you once he arrives. Sorry, I need to go now."

Tae Hee smiled and nodded at him. Jungkook kissed her on the forehead before he bid goodbye and hurried to the parking lot.

~

Tae Hee leaned her head against the window as the car drove through the night. She watched as the city lights decorating the streets and tall buildings. Her stomach rumbled since she didn't eat the food that was served to her - she didn't have the mood to gobble down those tasty-looking foods.

Now she regretted her decision for leaving the food untouched and asked the worker there to eat it instead. "I should at least take some of it. I don't even know how to cook."

Her phone rang and Tae Hee peeked at the caller ID - it was Jihyo.

"How is it?! Did he accept you? Did he ask you a lot of questions? Or did he tell you he hates you? I'm going to smack his head if he did say that!" Jihyo bombarded Tae Hee with questions a millisecond after she answered the call.

"You asked me more questions than he should and no, it didn't happen."

"What did not happen?"

"The conversation. It didn't happen. He had an urgent meeting so he left before I could say anything."

"Oh." Jihyo was speechless with her answer. "So, he didn't know yet."

"We talk about this later. Are you home?"

"I'm at Jimin's. He went out to buy some groceries. I'll stop at your house tomorrow, is it okay?"

"Yeah, sure. Have fun."