CHAPTER 26

"Because I..."

Ding Dong!

The sound of the doorbell tore their attentions from each other as Tae Hee averted her eyes towards the direction of the door and Seonghwa's grip on her waist loosened. "Uh, I guess Jungkook is here." She took the chance to pry herself away from him.

"I'll go and open the door for him." She said but was stopped when Seonghwa grabbed her arm. The latter turned to look at the woman beside him.

Tae Hee slowly looked up at Seonghwa; she felt a pang of guilt when her eyes met his. She knew what he's going to say next - the man in front of her was going to confess his feelings. Is this what Jihyo meant by my heart will know it when the time comes?

"Seonghwa," she said before Seonghwa can utter any words. "I'm sorry." Tae hee bit her lower lips.

"Even if you knew you would get hurt by it?" Seonghwa eyes searched for hers. His heart hurts when he saw her smiling meekly at him. Why? Why would you want to hurt yourself, Tae Hee? He wished that he could turn back the time and bring her out of this mess.

If only he didn't meet Tae Hee that day, would he be able to win her heart?

If only he didn't meet her that day, she might not even cross paths with Jungkook.

Slowly, Seonghwa let her hand go.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. Tae Hee knew she would get hurt by her decision but her heart wants what it wants - for once she wanted to follow her heart instead of her logic. She wanted to feel happy even if it won't last long.

Tae Hee went and opened the door - she was greeted by Jungkook's happy face. "Am I late?" Jungkook sheepishly smiled. She shook her head. "No, you're on time."

"Here." Jungkook handed her a bouquet of Daisies that he hid behind his back a few minutes ago. "I couldn't find any Teobukki stall on my way here." His cheek was tinted with red.

She took the flowers and chuckled. "It's beautiful." Tae Hee inhaled the sweet scent of the Daisies.

"Glad you like them."

"I'm going to find a vase for this and fix my makeup. Would you mind waiting for me for a few minutes?"

Jungkook nodded. His smiles faltered when he saw Seonghwa approached from behind. "Oh, you have a guest," he said.

Tae Hee turned around to look at Seonghwa then back to Jungkook. "Oh, uh, he came to give me some documents," she lied. "I'll make it quick." Tae Hee excused herself to find a small vase for the flowers, leaving the two awkward men alone.

Seonghwa glanced at Jungkook for a second before he bent down to wear his shoes. When he's done, he straightened his body and flattened his coat. Seonghwa was about to leave the house but halted his step and stopped beside Jungkook.

"Do you like her?" he asked in a low voice but audible enough for Jungkook to hear.

The latter chuckled, amused by his question. "It's none of your business."

"It is, because I like her. I don't want her to get hurt when the truth is revealed," Seonghwa said before he left Jungkook dumbfounded at the door.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Jungkook looked at Seonghwa leaving the premises.

~

"Do you like Chinese food?" Jungkook asked after they ordered their food.

They were at a Chinese restaurant which was located at Myeongdong. The interior was simple but had a classic look to it, enough to make one feel like they are eating Chinese food in China. They sat at one of the tables near the large window that overlooked the busy Myeongdong street.