CHAPTER 14

"Jihyo can you help me with the zipper?" Tae Hee shouted from inside the room while her hands flailed for the tiny piece of metal on her back, slightly cursing when she failed to zip up the dress no matter how much she tugged at it. "Park Jihyo!" she shouted louder when her friend didn't give any respond. Tae Hee stepped out of her room and huffing as she made her way towards the living room.

"Park Jihyo don't you hear me calling you? I am struggling with these-" Tae Hee frowned when she saw no one. "Where is she?" At that moment, she heard a sound of a toilet bowl being flushed. Tae Hee headed towards the restroom which was located not far from the living room.

"Jihyo, can you help me-" Her eyes bulged and her jaw dropped when she saw the person that just came out from her restroom. Jeon Jungkook?!

Jungkook had the same expression as her and they stood there facing each other for a few seconds before Jungkook broke the silence. "So – sorry for barging into your house but, uh, I need to use the restroom." He scratched the back of his head. "Don't blame Jihyo because I was in urgency. I came here with Jimin-" Jungkook's eyes trailed to the kitchen only to realise that his friend had left him alone in this house. Not again.

"I guess Jimin and Jihyo already left," Jungkook laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah, Jihyo told me that they have a dinner date tonight." But she didn't tell me that she's going to left me here alone with Jungkook! How can I not realise that she sneakily went out of the house with Jimin – no wait, how can I not realise that Jungkook and Jimin arrived a few minutes ago?

"Well, uh, I'll get ready as quick as I can." Tae Hee walked towards her room in a haste when she felt her face was getting red. She was not sure if Jungkook saw her zipper but she hoped he doesn't. Tae Hee huffed in frustration while she fumbled with the zipper again.

She jumped up and down, trying her best to zip up her dress but to her dismay, it remained stationary low on her back. It seems to be caught on the material of the dress. Tae Hee plopped down on the edge of the bed as she heaved a sigh. She looked at the clock in her room and groaned. The zip won't go up unless she asks Jungkook to help her.

Tae Hee bit his lower lips as she contemplates whether she should ask Jungkook for help. She glanced at the clock again and sighed. She stood up and hesitantly twisted the doorknob as she poked her head outside. Tae Hee saw Jungkook was sitting on one of the barstool in the kitchen. She cleared her throat to garner his attention.

Jungkook turned his head to look at Tae Hee and raised his brows. "Are you ready?" he asked.

"I-uh." She waddled towards Jungkook and bit her lower lips. "Can you help me with... the zipper?" Tae Hee stuttered and her cheeks grew red from embarrassment.

It took Jungkook a few seconds to digest her words. "Oh." He stood up from the barstool and went near Tae Hee. "Sure, I can help you," he softly chuckled in amusement.

"Th –Thank you." Tae Hee awkwardly showed her back to Jungkook. She steeled her posture when she felt him positioned himself behind her and gently reached for the zipper. The feeling of his fingertips on her skin sent tingles to her whole body.

His touch was soft and light, evoking patches of gooseflesh that dance across her bare back and sparking her nerves more. Tae Hee swore that Jungkook must felt her hairs rising and her body tensed every time his fingertips grazed her skin because he exhaled a breathy chuckle.

When Jungkook was done, Tae Hee quickly stepped away and cleared her throat. "I'll go and get my purse." She hurried towards her room. When she's sure he can't see her, she let out a big exhale.