Chapter 8- Suspicions

Kongpob had just gotten home and noticed the lights across the street were on tonight.

It did seem to be occupied.

For some reason, he seemed very adamant about knowing who was living in that apartment, but he was able to get away with it when he was already almost being able to retain the memory that left the little blurred image.

Thinking so, his steps involuntarily made their way towards the balcony.

There were a lot of buildings in this area, and there really wasn't much to marvel at when looking out from here, but lying on the railing, Kongpob surprisingly felt somewhat familiar from this posture as well.

It seemed that he had been lying down here in the past.

"Are you home yet?" M sent him a message.

M's profile picture had been taken with him. and he had just changed it again today. it was taken while he was not paying attention. Kongpob looked up when he called out to him, and the shock on his face was captured in the camera, but M was smiling, making a peace sign.

Such a common pose didn't seem particularly intimate, but once it was used on the profile picture, the possessiveness of it was suddenly self-evident.

Such intentional or unintentional intimacy, however, caused Kongpob to feel a little panicked.

"Here, a little tired, I will go to bed early." As if afraid of M continuing to talk to him again, Kongpob involuntarily blocked the way.

M, who was always the first to reply to his messages, paused for a while this time before sending over a smiley face, "Okay, goodnight."

Such thoughtfulness made Kongpob feel more than a little guilty again.

He wasn't sure what was wrong with him today, but he was becoming more and more involuntary about M's evasiveness.

M seems to have sensed this too, and after meeting him this afternoon, hesitantly, but still fidgeting, he asks out to him, "Before you.... Why did you defy the seniors?"

M, despite his quiet personality, had to be very discerning and casually saw the problem.

Kongpob couldn't help but feel a little guilty under his gaze.

Trying to keep that discomfort down, he opened his mouth to answer, "It's probably just hotheadedness."

He didn't know what else he could say other than such an ambiguous answer.

M nodded and suddenly asked again, "Are you remembering something?"

Although I don't know why he suddenly changed the subject to this, seeing as he wasn't pursuing the question he'd just asked. Kongpob could not help but sigh quietly.

But he still couldn't remember anything, so he had to continue to disappoint M.

In front of M, he really wasn't a proper boyfriend.

Looking at the empty balcony across the street, Kongpob's mind rose with another unrelenting boredom.

He walked back to his room, flipped out a pack of cigarettes from his backpack, and brought it back out onto the balcony with him.