Chapter 57 - That's all

Check out the previous chapter in case you have missed it to avoid confusion TY :) 

************************************

Kongpob has known M for as long as he can remember, and at one point he even thought he knew everything about him.

But now that he thought about it, M actually made him feel an unspeakable strangeness.

He probably never really got to know him since he was a child, and that was why he didn't even know he had fallen into a trap, and wasted so much time.

That said, there were places M could go, but Kongpob still didn't even have to guess.

Because he have been worried about Arthit lately, Kongpob hadn't been home for two or three weeks in a row.  

He hadn't expected to travel halfway across the city by nightfall.

But instead of going home, he went into a nearby swimming pool that looked a bit run-down (shabby).

This indoor pool has been open for some years now. M likes swimming. When they were young, they used to come here and swim back and forth for a few rounds, betting on who would get the night's Internet bill and who would buy the next day's breakfast. All these were warm and happy memories.

But in a blink of an eye, many years had passed the swimming pool had long since lost its prosperity, and had become much less prosperous and more depressing.  

Kongpob's heart swells with anger, and he has no time to recall the warmest memories of the past.

When he got out of the taxi, he rushed to the venue, only to find that the pool was now almost empty.

There was only one familiar figure in the blue pool water, paddling as hard as he could without stopping. Kongpob stood at the edge of the pool, silently watching his figure, and for a moment couldn't tell if his heart was feeling more anger or pity.

After watching M swim like crazy for two laps, Kongpob finally said, "Okay, stop swimming." 

M finally stopped at his shout, grabbed the handrail next to the pool wall, and looked up at him.

Kongpob turned to the side of the stand and sat down short.

M's eyes were unfocused and he suddenly seemed a lot confused, looking a bit pitiful.

After hesitating for a while, he leapt from the water and walked slowly over to Kongpob and sat down, looking at the regained calmness of the water in silence for a long time before he spoke slowly, "Ever since I was a child, you always knew where to find me."

Kongpob, however, had no desire or intentions to gossip with him about old times now. 

He looked ahead coldly, and said in a deep voice: "Explain."

M smiled bitterly and his eyes turned a little red, so he hurriedly turned his head to the side, "Ever since I was little, whenever I was scolded, I would come here early and wait, and you would definitely come and take me back in a short while. Every time I saw you come, I was happy because no matter what mistake I made, you would always tell me, 'Don't be afraid, I'm here.' Finally, one day, I made a mistake that even you won't forgive."

His words caused a small ache to rise in Kongpob's heart as well.

It is true that Kongpob has never felt love for M, but for all these years, he has genuinely always treated him as a brother, and like M said, in the past, no matter what mistakes he made, Kongpob would always find a way to bear them with him, but this time, Kongpob doesn't know how to stand with him unconditionally anymore.