Chapter 25- The Gathering

So embarrassed to be confronted by the last person he wanted to see, Arthit spent the entire night tossing and turning in frustration.

It wasn't until the sky showed the whites lights that he finally drifted off to sleep.  

It was a really drowsy sleep, leading to a moment of shock when he was woken up by his phone out, thinking that he had missed class.

But that shock lasted for a short time, and soon Arthit had realized that it was the weekend.  

The unruly sleep made his brain ache with a haze of pain, and without looking, Arthit picked up the phone and put it to his ear. "Hello."

"Arthit, why did it take so many calls to answer?" It was Dan on the other end of the phone, "It's afternoon, not still sleeping, right?"  

Arthit's gaze swept to the clock hanging on the wall, the hour hand on it had swept past 3, approaching towards the bottom.

He raked his hair and sat up in bed, "No, I was just in the bathroom and didn't hear the phone."  

Not wanting anyone to know that he was having such a decadent time, he casually lied.

Naturally Dan wouldn't keep asking questions about this little thing, and followed it up with, "Didn't we talk last time about getting out for a weekend dinner together? There's nothing else going on tonight, is there?"

Arthit wobbled before remembering that Dan had indeed brought it up last time, but his mind was so confused lately that it hadn't even crossed his mind.  

Of course he wasn't interested in getting together for dinner now, but a group of people going out for a hot meal was obviously a wiser choice than staying in the apartment alone with his thoughts.

After sleeping for so long, Arthit's head was still muddled, so it was easier to stop his thoughts.  

Arthit took a quick shower, looking better at last.

And when he got out of the shower, he heard his door clanging, accompanied by Knot's anxious yell, " Arthit! Arthit are you there? Arthit!"

This flustered tone made Arthit's heart startled, and he ran over to the sound and opened the door: "Knot, what happened?"

But the anxiety on Not's face was completely removed at the moment he saw him, obviously greatly relieved.

"Why don't you answer the phone all the time?" Not seemed to ask casually.

Arthit pulled the towel on his shoulders: "I... just took a shower."

Knot smiled: "It's all right."

Arthit frowned, turned around and picked up the phone to check, only to find that there were more than a dozen missed calls on the phone.

And long before Dan called, Knot had made a few.

Arthit suddenly felt a little guilty: "Well... just now, a friend called me. I thought she was calling all these calls, so I didn't reply. Is there anything urgent?"

Knot lived some distance away from him, if it wasn't an emergency, a few phone calls didn't answer, there was no need to make a trip to his place.  

Knot's body stiffened, uncomfortably cleared his throat: "I just wanted to ask you to have dinner with me, but I didn't answer the phone, so I came over. Look."

Arthit thought about it and couldn't help but laugh a little, "You don't think something happened to me, do you? Sudden death?"  

Knot looked at him helplessly, "Don't be ridiculous, calling all day and not answering, whoever would be anxious, okay?"