Chapter 40- You are Arthit

"Of course not!" Kongpob denied for the first time.

M watched his agitation, his eyes calm.

But the look in his eyes, which seemed to know everything, caused Kongpob to feel disturbed.

This confusion persisted until long after he returned home. 

Since they had broken up, M was now conscientious about not taking up his personal time. If it had been the old days when he avoided M, Kongpob would have felt much more relaxed, but now, alone in his apartment, the image of Knot and Arthit together repeatedly disturbed him.

Because of his jealousy, Kongpob's attention towards Knot is not less than that towards Arthit. Although when confronted with M's question, he said "No", he could clearly see Knot's hidden feelings towards Arthit.

But he didn't know if Arthit knew it too.

The lights on the opposite side were still off in the middle of the night, and he knew that Arthit was probably spending time with Knot again.  

Whether there was anyone else around them or not, the closeness was enough to make Kongpob crazy with jealousy.

Feeling depressed, Kongpob opened the fridge and found only one can of beer, so he took his keys and went to a nearby convenience store and bought a big bag full of beer.  

On his way back, Kongpob passed by Arthit's building, looked up at the still dark windows, and suddenly couldn't walk.

Kongpob felt like a middle-aged woman in a clichéd family drama who was jealous of her husband, but in fact, he didn't even have the right to be jealous.  

Kongpob feels even more depressed when he realizes this.

When he had just lost his memory, he suffered for a long time because he couldn't remember the past.

But the pain had no root cause and could hardly find a place to stay, so it didn't rage for long before it faded away. 

But now the pain about Arthit was real.

The worst thing that can happen to other people's love is that it goes unanswered, while the person he loves is repulsed by even a glance at him. 

Kongpob used to think that he was a very methodical person, but now he realizes that he is a fool when it comes to Arthit, and he has no idea what he is doing.

Fearing that he wouldn't notice Arthit's return, Kongpob wanted to wait for him downstairs again.

But he didn't dare to stand where he could see him, so he took the beer he just bought and sneaked into a blind spot in Arthit's field of vision, sitting on the side of the road and staring at Arthit's path.  

Then Kongpob realized that he seemed to have turned into a creepy stalker lately, and became increasingly depressed.

But he couldn't bear the thought of having to go back to his house without a care in the world. 

Kongpob's heart was really complicated right now, his contempt for himself, his jealousy towards Knot, his helplessness towards Arthit... it was crashing back and forth in his chest, and if those emotions had been tangible, it would have made his whole chest explode.

He had lived a simple life in the past and hadn't had many relationships in his memory, and it was inevitable that he would feel overwhelmed at the prospect of tasting so much pain and sorrow the first time he fell in love with someone.