Chapter 63- Enigmatic

Kongpob stared at him dumbly, as if he couldn't understand the meaning of what he had just said, leaving his mind blank.  

But Arthit's face did not have a trace of pique in it.

Knowing that Arthit was the vague figure in his dream, Kongpob was confident that he could see through all his lies.

Arthit told him to leave, he could have stubbornly stayed, Arthit said it was fine, he could have guessed that he would hide and shed tears, but that was the only thing... the only thing.

Who else would have the energy to distinguish between the truth and the lie when the one they love is saying that he or she doesn't love them?

Kongpob lost hope and stood up.  

He had just had a high fever last night, and even with the IV drip, it was unlikely that his body would fully recover overnight.

In addition, he had been in such a state of emotional turmoil this afternoon, and had rushed all the way here, eating only a bowl of porridge for lunch, the calories he had replaced could not withstand the continuous consumption.  

As soon as he got up, his body sent out a warning signal, Kongpob only felt a darkness before his eyes, and once again he fell forward uncontrollably.

This time it fell on top of Arthit.  

Arthit was so shocked that he subconsciously caught him in a hug and realized that Kongpob's body temperature was so much higher than his own.

"Kongpob, Kongpob!" Arthit soon forgot the deliberate act of coldness he had just made, Seeing Kongpob's lifeless face, his heart was already in turmoil.

Kongpob struggled to open his eyes, but in vain.

"Oon..Oon..." he grabbed Arthit's arm, the warmth in his hand causing Arthit to panic again.

"I'll make you... fall in love with me... again," Kongpob murmured and then fell into an endless darkness.

Arthit's heart was shaken and the hands holding him were trembling a little.  

Kongpob's mumbled words also seemed like unconscious dreams, and how could they not touch one's heart even if one was unconscious and thinking about them.

Arthit's eyes reddened a little again, but now that Kongpob was still unconscious in his arms, he didn't have the heart to think about it.

He freed a hand to retrieve the phone on the side and frantically dialed the emergency number.  

Kongpob was in his place and he subconsciously didn't want his friends to know about it, not to mention the fact that he was afraid that his friends all hated Kongpob with a passion right now and would throw him right out onto the street if they saw him here.

After hanging up the phone, Arthit managed to move Kongpob to the bed with difficulty and lay him down. He endured the pain in his leg, found the medical kit and took out the thermometer and clamped it under his armpit before sitting on the edge of the bed again, staring at the unconscious Kongpob.

Repeated high fevers are not a pleasant thing, and Kongpob was unsettled even in his unconsciousness.  

The strangling pain in Arthit's heart seemed more aggressive as he looked at his furrowed brow.

For over a year, the pain this man had brought him never seemed to stop, and even when he fell asleep, he could unceremoniously run into his dreams causing him to wake up abruptly.

In the past Arthit could at least ease this pain with his hatred for him, but now, looking at him like this, Arthit's mind was only filled with that picture of Kongpob lying lifelessly in the hospital bed.