Chapter Fifty-Four: Close Win

"What the hell?" Jirou whispered to everyone's silence and shock.

"They must've turned off the power to ruin everyone's sight and probably keep us from getting into whatever fortified room they have downstairs," Midoriya looked around wildly.

Sparkles seemed to shimmer in the darkness as Yaoyorozu began making flashlights.

"Fortified doors don't fucking scare me," Bakugo yelled and went to explode a door open before Kirishima pulled his hand.

"We're on the ground floor, if you make too many explosions it'll endanger the people downstairs," Kaminari spoke sternly, Bakugo yanked his arm away and blew an aggravated grunt, knowing he was entirely right.

Bakugo being submissive? My my, how things change.

"Maybe we can bore through the doors?" Sato asked and punched a dent into the 2 foot thick, titanium-metaled doors. He shook out his fist before continuing to bore into the door, slowly bending the metal under his stress.

"That's going to take too long," Hagakure mentioned as Kirishima went to pound the opposite door.

Kaminari swiped up a flashlight.

"Help me find an outlet," he scoured the walls as everyone stared at him confused, a few moments later, Hagakure yelled a 'Hey! Over here!', leaning her weight on a cabinet.

"Great," Kaminari ran over to help push the cabinet.

"What are you doing?" Bakugo hissed.

"Okay, I can only set an output for a max of 7 minutes, you need to find them downstairs before I reach my limit," Kaminari gripped onto the cords that plugged the outlet and pulled them out.

"Do you need to be touching it?" Sato asked.

"I can't get my electricity through the building without shocking you all unless there's a source it can travel through," Kaminari placed a hand over it.

Everyone had gotten upgrades to their hero uniforms over the years. Much like Jirou had gotten pitch and frequency knobs on her gloves to assist her quirk, Kaminari had gloves that concentrated his electricity to specific areas through either his fingers or palms, which meant and outlet was perfect for his power. However, it was still incredibly unpredictable and hard to control.

The fear of knowing if he let go of that outlet he'd be shocking everyone terrified him.

"Then I'm standing his guard," Sato brought up as Kaminari turned around. "You had my back before, now I have yours," they shared a mutual nod of trust.

"Okay, enough talking fuckers, Creati, we need your goggles, tell us where to go," Bakugo yelled, prompting the shift in everyone's footsteps as they followed her.

In the short time they had in U.A., nearly everyone had changed. Not just physically, mentally or even emotionally, but in character in general. Bakugo still had trouble keeping his temper at bay, but if he had learned anything from his past experiences, it was that sometimes, if falling submissive and listening to others was the only solution to victory, he'd do it.

Yaoyorozu had done a complete 180 from Bakugo. She was timid, hesitant, worried and unconfident about anything she did. Instead, she took control and strode into situations head on, protecting what she could and leading others so they could continue if she ever fell.

Kaminari though, was another story.

He placed his palm on the outlet and within a few seconds the building flashed with lights, buzzed with power and sputtered to life. He glanced up at the ceiling as the lights continuously dimmed and brightened from the uneven current he sent.