Chapter Thirty-Seven: Reunited

Kaminari had left early to go to school, shortly after her parents came in, embracing her in love and affection, relieved their beloved daughter was finally back. For 12 days, she hadn't been Kyoka Jirou. For 12 days, she'd been another girl. For 12 days, she'd lived another life, a life full of monotonous repetition that she hadn't realized that happened. 12 days had felt like 36 hours, 12 days had passed by like nothing. 12 days had gone by, gone by without her.

She was discharged from he hospital that afternoon, after a word with the principal she was scheduled to return to school Monday of the next week. After spending the afternoon with her parents, she left for the dorms for the evening hours.

It felt odd walking through these doors.

They almost had a different feeling to them.

That is, until she was met with so many familiar faces she knew and loved.

"Is that Jirou?" Someone asked from the commons room couch, a group of students were playing Uno together along the coffee table.

"KYOKA!" Ashido immediately bounded over, gripping her friend tightly.

"Mina- I can't breathe. . ." Jirou managed to squeeze out before her pink friend released her hug, brining her hands to Jirou's shoulders as she shook her.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU?!" Ashido had started to unexpectedly cry, catching the attention of others nearby.

She was met with a bombardment of questions and greetings. 'Are you okay?' 'Welcome back!' and 'We missed you's!' filled her ears.

"I missed you all too," Jirou grinned gleefully when Ashido came in for a second hug, this time with Asui and Uraraka as well.

"So did you get released today?" Kirishima turned around on the couch he was in, sitting his chin on the backrest.

"This morning actually," Jirou replied, her attention changed when a new voice caught her ears.

"Kyoka?"

Without any warning Yaoyorozu had came and took her in a heartful hug. She was sobbing into her shoulder.

"Momo, you're crying?" Jirou embraced her back, feeling her own face grow warm with tears as well.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry," Yaomomo repeated profusely, at this point the confusion, overwhelming happiness and relief took hold as water streamed down Jirou's cheeks.

"S-stop that. What are you sorry for?" Jirou commanded through tearful gasps, feeling her friend's body jerk when she sucked in short breathes.

"I don't know," she pulled away to reveal her face completely red and soaked in tears. "I'm just so glad you're you again," she brought a palm to her eye to clear her vision.

Bakugo sat on the couch next to Kirishima with an unimpressed expression, rolling his eyes at the girls bawling their eyes out. When he looked over at Kirishima, he noticed he was crying as well. He gave a gruff sigh, allowing Kirishima to lay a head on his shoulder until he calmed down.

Everything was back to normal.

"Stop, you're unfair!"

Well, for now.

Two teenagers were sitting at a racing game, each of them with their hands at their steering wheels.

"Its called skill," Jirou raised her arms in triumph.

"Purposely crashing into me isn't skill," Kaminari turned his head with an annoyed facial expression.

"Work smarter, not harder," she took her tickets from winning all her games, waving them in his face. "So now you owe me food."