Old Chapter Four: Thoughts

Originally, chapter three the two were supposed to kiss from the get-go and that was supposed to cause most of the tension. I didn't like that idea at all and ended up changing it, the next several scrapped chapters are based on the waterpark kiss.

Jirou was still in a daze, ordering her food as Uraraka rambled on about her favorite foods. Jirou wasn't paying attention to her though, she was still trying to process what the hell just happened.

"137. Order 137," a voice spoke.

"Jirou," Uraraka tapped her shoulder as she blinked herself out of her thoughts.

"Your order ma'am," the worker in the stand stared at her annoyed, holding a tray of her food out the window.

"Oh, sorry," she fumbled and paid for her food, walking back with Uraraka to sit with Yaoyorozu.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem super fidgety," Uraraka set her tray down.

"It- it's the rides," Jirou made an excuse. "Got all that adrenaline now, y'know," Jirou shook out her fingers.

Part of that statement was true at least.

"Oh, right! I saw you go down The Fury before we did, Deku wouldn't stop screaming," Uraraka giggled as Yaoyorozu laughed with her.

Jirou leaned her head on a hand, sticking her fork into a piece of lettuce. Uraraka was distracted, talking to Momo as Hagakure came to sit with them.

He was the one who initiated the kiss.

But she still kissed back.

And she wanted to do it again.

She'd never thought he saw her in that way. Of course he always found the means to talk to her but she just assumed that was how he was. A hopeless romantic. There were countless times he'd played a move, but knowing Kaminari she brushed it off as him being himself. Going to movies she liked, bowling with their friends, hell, he even asked her for a dance when they were second years. She declined though, to his dismay.

She was always fond of the electric blonde, he never ceased to lift her mood. More than once had the girls of her class mentioned how well they got along with one another; if you considered endless banter and rude nicknames "getting along" though. Ashido and Yaoyorozu were the ones to bring the topic up a lot, but as they shifted to their third year of high school the idea was left behind.

Did she like him back?

Were all of his subtle advances over the years genuine?

There was a brief period where Jirou considered that chance. During their second year she noticed their conversations became very awkward. There might've even been a moment where she liked him too, but the possibility of him being interested in other people diminished that hope. Kaminari was a big flirt, he talked with ANYONE. No matter how many times he'd made a move, she somehow always doubted herself.

She was the first to pull away.

She wished she hadn't.

-----

I reused a lot of lines from this lil section of chapter four. I think I deleted most of it since it's so short but for my first original 9-chapter plot, it was meant to have a kiss in the middle of the story, which would be resolved as they went to Momo's cabin. It was basically Kami being worried about it being nonconsensual and Jirou coming to terms that she indeed did feel the same way.