Old Epilogue

(This was this original epilogue I had of the story before I wrote a new one. Its a pretty cute slice-of-life excerpt of the Kaminari household and was supposed to mimic the original prologue I had. Enjoy.)

Kyoka Kaminari, now 31, was sitting on the couch with her husband, watching a movie together. It was around 8 at night. They had already put their two kids to sleep, and figured a late night movie wouldn't hurt.

"I don't know how you do it sometimes, Shinzo can be an absolute monster," Kyoka laid her head tiredly on Denki's chest.

"We could've named her Denki Junior," he chuckled.

"That's not how it works, babe," she rolled her eyed when she suddenly flinched, shifting her head.

"What was that?" Denki asked as Kyoka sat up in her spot.

"I think I hear someone in the kitchen," she immediately got up as the two heard an electric buzz followed by the fall of a box, they both got up, running toward the kitchen in a panic.

"Rei! What are you doing up-" Kyoka asked sternly before dropping her jaw, Denki walking into the kitchen to join her in awe.

"I wanted toaster stwoodles," their son spoke quietly while standing on a stepping stool by the toaster.

From the counter he had no reach to possibly use the toaster, and with the possibility of Rei damaging things or himself with Denki's quirk, Kyoka had become extra cautious around power outlets and only used electrical items sparingly. She unplugged things like the juicer or toaster to prevent any accidents.

This time however, Kyoka couldn't avoid it.

Little Rei, an indigo haired boy much like his mother and golden eyes like his father, was holding the toaster closer to him with his earphone jacks. The toaster was unplugged, but was somehow on.

"My gosh, you have both of our quirks and that makes things two times more unpredictable," Kyoka came to pick up her son. As he was removed of his grip on the toaster it automatically shut off when his earphone jacks let go.

"Rei, what are you doing up, buddy?" Denki took his son from Kyoka as she went to clean the mess of food he'd made all over the floor.

"I want a toasty," Rei held his arms out toward the toaster, instinctively reaching with his earphone cords as well.

"Okay, I'll make you your toasty," Kyoka plugged in the toaster so it could finish the frozen treat that was still sitting inside. "No more turning on the toaster at night, okay Rei?"

"Okay," Rei slumped back into his father's arms. He really wasn't a very lively kid. He was actually incredibly shy and humbled, an angel to Kyoka, he was the good child who listened to what he was told. His sibling however—was a little monster sometimes.

"Both of our quirks in a such tiny lil' body, my man is a tiny powerhouse," Denki spoke, lightly bouncing his kid up and down as he giggled lightheartedly.

"Saying that gives me more anxiety," Kyoka set the treat box back in the fridge, placing it on a higher shelf.

"Toasty, I want toasty," Rei outstretched his arms as Kyoka placed it on a plate.

"Rei, it's very hot," she warned, handing him the small plate after she had cut it info four smaller pieces.

"I wonder what quirk Shinzo's gonna have," Denki set his son down on a stool for him to eat comfortably. "She's basically a carbon copy of me, I wouldn't be surprised if she had electrification."

"She doesn't have the jacks, so it's a possibility," she came to sit on a stool next to her son, helping him with his food if he needed. "She definitely took some personality from you, though," Kyoka added with a light snort.

"Was that a compliment or insult?" Denki tilted his head while squinting his eyes as she laughed. She suddenly fell silent with a perplexed face, slowly turning her head back toward the stairs.

"What is it?" Denki asked.

"Shinzo, what are you doing up?" Kyoka sighed as she left her stool.

"Man, no one can get away with anything in this house as long as you're around," Denki watched from down the hall as his daughter stepped down the stairs with a blanket in her arms.

"I guess they never actually went to sleep then, huh," Kyoka picked up her daughter in her arms, fixing the blanket so she stayed warm.

"Bubby left," the blonde little girl reached for her sibling, but Kyoka sat back down on her stool and held her instead. Their daughter had a hard time sleeping alone, and usually when she noticed their parents either not in their room or already asleep, she went to her brother's room.

"Shinzo, you can sleep with mommy and daddy tonight," Denki came to give a quick kiss on her forehead, before opening the fridge for a snack for himself.

"Bubby," Shinzo said again as her brother looked up, seeming unaffected by his sister's pleads. Rei was a solemn kid, he wasn't a lot to handle, usually very quiet and polite, but a strong support for his sibling to lean on. He was always there for her, which would only develop into a stronger bond as they grew older.

"Bubby is eating right now," Kyoka consoled her daughter, taking her hand to run her fingers through her hair. She had a very similar shade of blonde hair to her father's except she didn't have the distinct lightning streak, nor did she have Jirou's. Neither of them knew what quirk she'd inherit, since Denki explained the lightning bolt was genetic with the electrification quirk. Only time would tell.

"I wanna sleep with you then," Rei finished his food, stepping up on the stool to put away his plate. He couldn't reach the counters yet, so he always slid around the step stool whenever he was in the kitchen.

"You don't want to go back to your room?" Kyoka looked down at him as he grabbed onto her leg, stepping down, his grip moved to her fingers.

"No," he replied simply as Kyoka went back to the stairs.

"Okay, go and brush your teeth again," Kyoka said softly as he tramped back up the stairs obediently, hearing another step stool in the bathroom move. Kyoka was grateful he was such a good kid.

She tapped back up the stairs, hearing the T.V. in the living room turn off and the water in the kitchen turn on as Denki cleaned up. It was around 9 P.M. now, which was still fairly early for Kyoka. She was already in her nightclothes, she didn't need to change. Crawling onto the right side of the bed with Shinzo, she took the covers over herself. The light tap of little footsteps entered their master bedroom as the Rei cuddled into the bed next to Shinzo in the center.

"You're sleeping without me? I feel left out," Denki flicked off the light, entering the covers from the foot of the bed like a dork, popping his head out on the left side like a worm from soil.

Rei tugged the covers over himself, murmuring a quiet 'goodnight' with his dad at his side.

"Night my angels," Kyoka whispered back as Shinzo dug herself in-between her arms.

So that was how it happened. That was how she ended up here. Thirty-One, two children, a handsome husband, somehow also miraculously Pro Heroes like she'd imagined all those years ago.

And she didn't know it yet, but her children would go on to become the next generation of heroes even after her.

But that's story for another time.

End.

-----

I still intend for this book to recieve a sequel although it won't involve another ship, it'll involve their son in high school and their daughter entering U.A. More about their kids can be found on my Instagram, I hope you enjoyed seeing these extra unreleased tidbits from this story.