Chapter Forty-Four: Heartful Talk

Dr. Komori and Gumo Kawa, his ginormus pink tank, had been admitted to the hospital with one single lung puncture. They both lived, and were immediately locked up.

Those 5 kids didn't realize it, but they had just aided the arrest in 45 year old Sumato Komori, a sadistic scientist responsible for multiple kidnappings, abductions and crimes against humanity, as well as the man behind a new strain of quirk narcotic that was capable of increasing it's user's potential by 250%.

The drug itself was found to be extremely unpredictable to the person who used it, which would result in devastating after-effects including dizziness, nausea, moments of intense mood swings and even debilitating effects on that user's very own quirk. He had only created 6 capsules in total, one had been sold to one of his subjects to determine how his body would react. Two were currently in police custody. The other three? Unknown.

Along with the narcotics, he was accused for the abductions of more than 35 people, possibly countless others, most of which were civilians he had caught; until recently, where he found paying criminals and working with them proved more beneficial. By exploiting a criminal, he was able to track them and their progress in the real world, sadly, all his "experiments" ended in the same way. No human being can handle the additional toll of holding another foreign quirk, therefore any person the authorities found in Komori's experimental warehouses were already too far gone.

There were still currently 12 more people that haven't been accounted for, either they were disposed of after death or were still amongst the people of Japan, living their lives as their minds slowly spiraled into insanity.

And that was a threat to everyone living there.

"First order of business," Sensei Aizawa acknowledged the two students who'd been kidnapped nearly a week prior, nodding to them. "Welcome back you two."

"Glad to be back," Kaminari rubbed his nape with a weak smile. (Nape is just a fancy term for the back of the neck, I know, I didn't know that before either lmao.)

Several students noticed the newly formed scar along his neck.

"Secondly, this trimester is nearing an end," their homeroom teacher continued on. "We'll be discussing hero agencies, their business aspect, and take a test on all you've learned at the end of this trimester. Your last, and final trimester will be strictly review to prepare you for your exams," he said through a weary voice.

"Today during Hero Lessons you'll be given your study guide on hero microeconomics, tomorrow we'll have our test," he added, hearing several moans from people within the class.

"Are we exempt?" Sero raised his hand sheepishly, trying to avoiding taking it. Bakugo sent him a disappointed glare.

"Only Jirou and Kaminari are exempt, they'll take the test next Monday during their lunch period," Sensei Aizawa answered, Sero replied with a sad sigh.

"I expect nothing below a C," their Sensei paused to take a sip of his coffee, glancing at the clock in the back of the room. He noticed the antsy faces of his students in their chairs, hoping he was done talking and anticipating their extra five minutes of free time. He brought his mug back down then resumed to speak again. "I know you're all begging to talk, go ahead," he waved a hand softly before returning to his little yellow sleeping bag.

Sero laid his head on his desk tiredly.

"I am NOT getting a C or higher on that test," Sero whined as Ashido stood up to greet him at his seat.

"It's alright Sero, I could help you with anything you haven't caught up with," Yaoyorozu offered politely, pulling up a seat behind Jirou.

Everyone was rearranging themselves in new seats, standing in different corners of the room or placing themselves on top of desks comfortably.