Chapter Fifty-Nine: Finally Found

Kaminari came downstairs to probably the weirdest and most sexual sight he'd ever seen at one of these dorm parties.

"BEAT THESE 3A SUCKERS!" Kaminari heard Monoma's distinct voice cheer from the huddled crowd by the commons room couches.

"It'd be so much easier if Tet could use his quirk," Kendo shot back at Monoma with a defiant glare.

"Ey, no! With Tetsu's quirk it'd be too easy for you guys!" Hagakure bantered back playfully. "C'mon Sero, c'mon Mina baby, you got this one!" She continued on, clapping along with the others.

Kaminari slipped in-between all the students cheering and fighting over superiority, watching as two couples from 3A and 3B battled it out in a balloon popping competition. Five balloons had to be popped before the other couple finished theirs. Quirks, hands, and feet weren't allowed. You can see where it went from there.

"3rd one baby!" Ashido raised her fists in triumph as destroyed balloon remnants fell to the floor. "Just two more," she gestured a hand as Uraraka handed her another balloon.

Tetsutetsu and Kendo straggled behind with 3 as Sero and Ashido moved onto their 4th, needless to say it was something Kaminari never expected for them to win so easily, because pretty soon they travelled onto their final balloon as the 4th popped between their intimate hugs.

Seemed like an innocent game, but there was a lot more. . .grinding. . .than Sero initially thought.

"Yeah Mina, fuck them up!" Jirou clasped her hands around her mouth and cheered alongside the 3A students.

And despite the lighthearted energy filling the dorms, he just couldn't stop the anxiety from flowing throughout his body as soon as he saw Jirou.

So he gripped onto the door handle, and whisked himself outside into the crisp and chilly, nighttime air.

The sun fully was down, the air only ~5.5°C out (42° F), he had on his dorm slippers and hadn't put on real shoes as he left outside, which wasn't allowed.

A panic attack began to settle in, he felt his chest tighten and his fingers uncontrollably shake.

Monday was the beginning of the next three weeks of testing and exams. Worry of failure and pressures to be good had held him prisoner in his thoughts the past months.

He was the reason Jirou had her mind wiped.

He was the reason she'd been abducted.

He could've caught her in the hallway before those girls decided to talk shit about her.

And on top of that, he was the reason the entire class almost failed the practice combat exams.

Love and fate were bullshit, it was him that was the problem.

"Kaminari-" the door flew open as a voice yelled out to him.

He paused just before turning the hedges, hearing the noise of the happy chatter inside fade as the dormitory door closed shut.

"Where are you going?"

"Just. . .leaving to clear my head," he answered, turning the corner beyond the bushes with little hesitation. Street lamps along the sidewalks of Yuuei's dormitories were already on as the atmosphere above darkened to a pretty plum.

The moon made a rare, unannounced appearance just overhead, and together, the sun and moon shared the sky for the little time dusk took place.

"Kam, Kam wait!" The voice ran after him. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?"