Ch: 17 Deceived ?

Hi Guys.. here is the next chapter to reveal the suspense.

Naira signs the dotted lines on marriage form and handovers the pen to Kartik, Kartik signs the dotted lines below Naira's signature in his original name – 'Kartik Goenka'

Naira thinks she might have read it wrong, she slowly repeats 'Kartik Goenka' . He raises her head looking into her eyes and says "Yes, Naira" and smiles.

Naira gives a confused look before Naira can react or say anything. "I think we need to talk," he said peacefully.

The registrar who was unaware of the tension slowly building in the room said "Ok, sir as you said I will register your marriage with yesterday's date and you will receive the certificate within 2 days. Once again congrats Mr & Mrs Kartik Goenka"

Naira looks at the registrar with a disbelieving look. Kartik shakes his hand with the registrar; he says Namaste to Naira and leaves the room. Kartik goes to close the door. Naira stands like a statue looking at Kartik as if asking him to talk.

Kartik comes and stands in front of her, puts his hands in his pocket and says "I did not expect you to come to know my name this way. Chalo I think it was time to introduce myself to my wife" he smiles to her and forwarded hwas hand "Hey, I am Kartik Goenka, Goenka foundation ki CEO" Naira still cannot believe what she was hearing, she thinks maybe it was a dream, a bad dream which will disappear if she wakes up.

Kartik shakes his hand in front of her "come on Naira, say something. Was it exciting that the Singhania foundation CEO was married to the Goenka foundation CEO? Wow , the greatest business collaboration ever. What do you say?"

Naira still in shock said "you are Kartik Goenka then who was Kartik kumar"

Kartik: "No one. Actually Kartik Kumar's name was given to me by my kid brother. Hwas name was Kartik Goenka. We have a small bet between us in which he gave me the name of Kartik kumar, so you can say it was my alias name for two weeks, that's all"

Naira feels the earth under her was shaken, she catches the sofa near her and sits in it when Kartik starts his story...

[Flashback - three and half weeks back]

Kartik was still reading the project reports of the Goenka foundation, after their loss with Singhania for 1%, Manish insisted him to look at their rival companies, study them and then put his feet in the business world. One day Kush and Suhasini are talking casually, when Kartik starts shouting at some employees. Kush goes to rescue the employee from Kartik's anger.

Kush: Bhai tum ko na order dena janta hai order lena hai. Bechara employee

Kartik: Nothing like that I know the pulse of employee, I hate if an employee under performs, and what do you mean by order dena janta hu and even I worked under Chote Papa before and I use to accept the orders"

Kush: Bhai hear yourself, Dad, if you did any mistake also he won't say anything

Kartik: What do you mean by that, that I do all mistakes and Chote papa still supports me

Suhasini; No, if you work under someone whom you don't know then you will know the work pressure

Kartik: Dadi aap be wasse support karta hai

Suhasini: Kartik learned some patience, you cannot be so rude with employees. You will know the pain if are in their position

Kartik: Dadi, nothing like that I know the work pressures and as I said I use to work under Chote Papa and if situation comes even I can work under anyone to again the experience without thinking about my qualification