Ch: 28 Why Kartik doing this ?

Hi Guys. I am here with another chapter.

Naira and Kartik are waiting for Manish in his office. Manish comes and greets everyone "good morning" along with his PA gives two files to Naira and Kartik.

Manish,''''Naira, you know Goenkas and Singhania's are both into the construction business. We import machinery parts from Singapore. I have made a deal with Singapore Company to start a unit of manufacturing machinery parts in India. This will help us in creating different types of machinery parts instead of importing from Singapore and more over we can sell them in India. People who are going to other countries will come to us instead of importing. This project needs a lot of capital so I am preparing for a joint venture for this project. I have already send you the details before Naira, I hope you have checked"

Naira stammered, yes Manish has sent the details for a joint venture with Singhania foundation when Naira just returned from London but after that her life took a drastic turn that Naira did not find time to go through the details "I am sorry papa ji. I will look after that today and will give my final opinion today"

Manish: "Not a problem Naira just go through the details and consult your advisers and get back to me so that we can arrange a board meeting and confirm our joint venture."

Naira starts reading the details when Manish excuses Kartik and Naira for attending some other meeting. Naira decides to sit and check the details in Goenka office itself so that she can clear everything with Manish before consulting with her advisers. Naira is busy with her work. Kartik is busy playing with Naira's cell phone. When Naira observed what Kartik doing, she is shocked and asked him sternly "what are you doing with my cell"

Kartik is holding her battery and sim card in one hand and the skeleton of the phone in the other hand "oh oh I am playing with your cell and just about to fix it" Naira did not understand how to react Kartik face is looking like a kid who get caught when he is doing some mischief. Naira glares at him, Kartik immediately fixes the cell and hands it over to Naira. She takes it with a force and looks back into the deal giving an angry glare to Kartik.

He sits quite playing with his deal, he is in no mood to work, god how can he work when his favorite candy is sitting beside him. It took all his patience in the car not to drag her into his arms and kiss her senselessly. Whole night he could not sleep, he wanted to break the door and shake her till she accepted to come to his room to be his wife in every sense. Don't know when she will stop this emotional torture on him only he knew how he is handling her and her tantrum.

Naira informs Manish that she has checked the details and will consult her advisers and inform him when to call for a board meeting. Manish asked Kartik to drop Naira but Naira politely rejected. Kartik gives her a careless look and goes to his cabin. Naira feels bad as Kartik ignores her like that. She goes to Singhania office; everyone is surprised to see Naira the next day of her marriage and thought she can never change, the work alcoholic boss.

Actually Naira and Kartik did not take leave from their work. Kartik thought to complete his work which is pending in 15 days then take his new bride to honeymoon but now he thinks the chance of honeymoon is far far away seeing the current situation. Naira already took one week leave from her work so her work is filed up, both decided to start their work immediately.

Akshara and Surekha requested a lot but no use, Kartik and Naira declared that they will work from the next day of their marriage. As soon as she comes to office, she calls for the meeting regarding the Goenka and Singhania joint venture. After discussing everything Naira felt it would be good for Singhania foundation so decided to go ahead with the venture. Naira called and informed Manish and said she is ready for the board meeting.

In the evening Naksh came to pick up Naira from office as everyone was waiting for her at Singhania Sadan. On insist of Kutumb Natasha peg phere rituals are also being conducted in Singhania Sadan along with Naira. Naksh and Naira takes different routes as the main route from Singhania office to Singhania Sadan has a heavy traffic jam. The area is deserted, suddenly the car tires flat. Naira and Naksh get down to check the tires.

Naksh : "oh god, four tires are punctured but how?"

Naira "what to do now?" Naksh calls the mechanic he knows, but the person is not able.

At the same time some lorry passes them and Naksh asks for help, sardar ji informs them that there is a small workshop at the end of the road and they can tie the car to the lorry and bring it to the repair shop. Naira and Naksh thank Sardar ji and go to the workshop.

Naksh "Naira sit at the daaba I will come once the repair is done"

Naira smiles and goes to sit at the daaba. A person notices Naira and goes into the daaba and gives a bottle to the waiter of daaba and asks him to give the drink to Naira, paying the waiter heavily.

On other side, Kartik is busy in his meeting then he gets a call from Mihir.

Kartik lifts the calls "Yes Mihir, tell me"

Mihir: "Sir, I missed Naira's car in the traffic. When I checked the signal of her mobile it was showing from the other side of the highway. I observed that the signal is coming from a single area for more than 20 minutes. I feel something is fishy. I am stuck in the traffic. I am trying to reach there but cannot risk leaving Naira ji on that deserted highway. Can you please start maybe you can reach before me"

Kartik blankly says "ok" and cuts the call, he turns towards the people "Gentlemen I need to rush now, some emergency has come up. We will continue the meeting next day. Thank you"

After that Kartik did not waste a single minute, rushed to the car parking and zoomed into the highway still tracking the signals of Naira's cell phone.

Morning when Naira came to Goenka office, Kartik slowly took Naira's mobile and installed a signal deviser without her knowledge through which Kartik and Mihir both can track Naira's moments.

Other side in daaba, the waiter went in and made a lassi mixing the liquid given by the stranger and bought the lassi out and went near to Naira.

"madam ji, lassi le gaya"

Naira "no thank you"

waiter "madam ji repair me time lagta hai, le gaya na please. Hum ne bade pyar se bana hai. please" keeps an innocent pleasing face.

Naira "fine dejiya, kitna hain" taking the money out.

Waiter "paise ki jarurat nahi hai madam ji"

Naira ''that's ok, keep the money" handovers some money to the waiter and is about to take the drink when someone picks the glass from the tray before Naira. Naira turns with irritation to see Mihir standing in front of her.

Naira "tum"

Mihir "oh madam aap, kya hain ki pyaas lagi hain madam " turns towards the waiter

says "madam kaliya dusra ladana"

Naira keeps an annoying face, says "no need" and turns towards Mihir saying "are you following me?"

Mihir "No Mam, why do I follow you. Even I don't know who are you?"

Naira is shocked "you don't know me then how do you know Kartik Goenka. You are talking with him on that day."

Mihir "oh madam mein kisi Kartik ko nahi janta, oh uss din hain rasta bulge aap ka party ma gusge tha galthi sa, tho mein na kise gentleman sa raasta puch raha tha baas, aab hum chalte hain, lassi kaliya thank you" and turns taking a deep breath running for his life from Naira's doubts.

Kartik enters the scene at the same time. Mihir slowly shows the drink in his hand to Kartik and crosses him. Naira is surprised to see Kartik there. Naira "Kartik, what are you doing here?" 

Hope you are liking the story.

Please vote and comment