Chapter five: RENEE💝

🕵️Shadow Hunter 🕵️

    "Seriously?", Lisa asked as she stared at Steve, blankly...

"Back at the hotel? What's really going on...look I wanna go home", she grunted as he pulled her, into the building...

"Then why didn't you go when you had the chance, earlier?", He asked..

"Excuse me...I was about going home when those guys stopped me and...",

"They wouldn't have stopped you if you had followed the cab home", he cut her short .. staring hard at her...you didn't go straight home.. stopped by, at a friend's place for a little chit chat, you girls can be easily predicted", He scoffed, as he got into the room...

"Pardon?", She asked, glaring at him...

"Enough! Look ...I'll be right back, stay in and don't go out of this building ok?", He ordered, pulling off his sneakers and putting on a pair of boots..

"Wait!, You're gonna leave me all alone here?", She asked, folding her arms....

"One step out of this building, you're a goner...do you understand?, You'll be dead!", He snapped back totally frustrated.

"Whatever", she spat as she sat on the bed.. tapping her feet slightly on the floor....

"You can call on the room service.... their sushi is really good..or perhaps if you're not interested, there are lots of junk food in the fridge", He knotted his laces, grabbed an attache case and left...

"Bull shit!!", She cussed, looking away.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Zooming off in the white Lamborghini, Steve drove as fast as he could....then parked the car at the exact spot he had snatched it from....

Fortunately, the owner was just arriving from a distance.... getting to his car, he searched his pocket..

"oh fuck!!", He cussed, searching all his pockets, "My keys!", He cried out.....

"Looking for these?", Steve cut in, approaching him...as he held the bunch of keys towards the guy.

"Oh gracious Lord!", He exclaimed, face palming himself..."yes..thank you so much", he said as he collected the keys from Steve..

"You're welcome", Steve muttered, a satisfying smile on his face....

"It must have fallen off my pocket and I didn't notice", the guy said, shaking his head..."how bad of me"...

"Maybe", Steve said and almost left...

"Let me give you a ride," the guy offered...

"I'm good!", Steve dismissed his offer and strode off......

    Walking briskly, he arrived at a building, a block of flats....he got in and put on his dark glasses, fondling the case....

  "Welcome sire", two guards dressed in black suit, chorused as he nodded in reply and headed for an elevator....he tip tapped on the keypad and got into it..

Few seconds later, he entered into a room...which wasn't known to some other workers in the flat...

"Agent S you're late!", A middle aged man who sat crossed leg, said as he swiveled his chair to face him..

"it won't happen again sir", Steve said, facing the floor....

"There's a problem S, the last gem has been tracked and would be stolen by Morgan's men if we delay". A young lady said as she spun around and gazed at Steve...then hit the keyboard... loosing patience..."they're gonna get that gem before us"

  "Calm down Renee, they won't get their hands on the gem....not on my watch", Steve said, just as his phone beeped...he stuffed his hand into his pocket and brought out his phone, then gazed at the screen...

"Really? Alright then, not safe with me...it's a goner thing now", he mumbled...as a red dot moved, in what looked like a map on the screen of his phone...

"Ahem!", Renee cleared her throat...

"it's nothing", Steve replied, throwing the phone back into his pocket...

"Well we have to get the gem by all means...we tried telling Mr Dunbar, the owner of the museum about the on- going plan but he wouldn't listen....all of them won't...Mrs Isabella, Mr fontes, Mr Wally..ugh!", She hit the table angrily..."they all think their high tech securities can protect their gems!
they don't know what's at stake....they don't know if the four gems are put together in the E.M.P machine..it could create a very powerful weapon to destroy the universe!!".

"Everything's gonna be just fine", Steve assured, opening the attache case..Renee gasped as she covered her mouth and walked up to him.

"Three gems?!", She squealed, pushing her glasses down the bridge of her nose...

"No! these are fake...I can't carry the real gems around, so I decided to get counterfeits, at least if I get too hooked up with Morgan's men, I'll surrender these instead... they'll never know it's fake, until they head to their quarters.". He smirked...

  "ohh you're a genius!!" She squawked as she embraced him....

"Ahem!" The middle aged man who had been quiet all along, cleared his throat...

"Sorry".  she released Steve from her embrace and adjusted her clothes....

          Sooo...who's the new chic huh?  There's a pic of her right up👆....she's probably hitting on my Steve too😏

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋