Chapter nine: Funky club house

Twas quite a long journey from New Rochelle town to Hudson R. Steve parked a black, shining, Toyota Camry, beside the club house, he got down and was heading towards the party...."

Hey!", Lisa snapped.

"what now?", He asked, turning to face her....

"Excuse me? aren't you forgetting something?", She asked, still seated in the car...

"No i'm not", he replied....

"The door....gosh! you're way too bad for a gentleman", she scoffed..

"Seriously? You can't open the door?", He asked, mentally face palming himself, he walked back to the car and swung the passenger door open....

She stuck her right leg out, slowly placing it on the ground, exposing the shiny silver heels she wore and then, she came out of the car, in a sky blue,over the style short gown, her cheeks flustered pink as it was all blushed up....

"That's how a real gentle man behaves", she said to him, fondling a silver, portable purse...Her lips glistened, red...

"Bullshit!" He cussed, then paused and viewed her...

"You know....we don't wanna attract people's attention, but I can see u got all matched up for the party, how does that seem to prevent attention?", He asked.

"Is something wrong with my dress?She gasped out..

"oh yeah...coz you're gonna have a lot of attention on you". he said, walking towards the party...

"hmm", she smiled, brushing her chest nut brown wavy, hair off her shoulders, she bit her lower lip..

"Looks like someone's afraid I'll be snatched", she murmured, walking after him, trying to meet up...

"Hey! Wait up... don't worry sugar boi, no one's gonna snatch me", she cooed as he turned to look at her...

"What did you just call me?", He asked.

"Never mind", she winked...he rolled his eyes and got into the party....

   It was buzzing with music....

"How am I gonna find the so called..' Bryan shaw'?" He thought aloud, just then, Lisa stopped a waiter...

"Please do you know a man named 'Bryan Shaw'?". the waiter nodded and pointed to a corner where a richly dressed Man sat in company of some ladies....

"thanks". she smiled at the waiter..."see?" She gazed at Steve folding her arms..."i'm better than you...".

"Whatever", he grumbled...."beginners luck".

"Just admit i'm way good at it than you", she chuckled...

"Alright, agent 001, let's proceed", he said, leading her to an empty seat..."we need to give him some space... looks like he's busy...".

  Lisa turned to the direction of the man and giggled..."that's a lot of ladies",...she returned her gaze to him..."so we're gonna wait till he's alone? That's gonna take a whole night...,let's dance while you wait for him", she suggested...

"For real? What did I tell you about attention?", He asked...

"well...it's just to dance", she said...

"No", He replied curtly...

"awww then we're just gonna go home without enjoying the party?", She asked...

He glared at her...

"Fine! We won't dance...", She said...

   Soon, he stood up and headed for the direction of Mr Shaw'.

   "Hey gorgeous!", A cute blonde guy walked up to Lisa...

"Aren't you enjoying the party?", He asked...she shook her head, negatively.."why? C'mon wanna dance?".

"Well....", She turned to the direction of Steve and nodded..."yes", she smiled, when she noticed he was still busy with Mr Shaw.

  "Great!", The guy, said, helping her off her seat, as he escorted her to the dance floor...

"I've been watching you since you entered into the party, that guy... who's he?", The guy asked, emphasising on Steve....

"your boyfriend?".

"Nope!", She replied...

"Brother?".

"um...nah...".

"Who's he then?".

"Well....a friend", she said as she felt a slight touch on her shoulder...."oh hey!", She gasped out, facing Steve...

"Are you guys done talking?", She asked Steve.

"Let's go..", he muttered...

"But we just arrived", she whined...

"let's go!!", He ordered sternly..

"Oh.. Calm down sugar boi....".

"What's your name?", The guy she danced with asked her,...

"err...". Steve pulled her....

"The name's Melissss....whoa!!... what's wrong sugar boi? Are you mad at me for dancing with that guy?", She asked as he pulled her out the party...."why didn't you give him the attache case?".

  He stopped, looked sideways and sighed.. ignoring her questions.

"What are you looking for?", She asked...

"A partner that ask less questions", he replied...

"Why do u mean to be so rude?", She growled...

"That's a question", he snapped...

"Ugh!!.. you're so rude!!", She hissed.

"And you're so stubborn". He replied...."c'mon let's get out of here," he pulled her again...as she tried to release herself from his tight grip....a light flashed at their direction..

  He stopped and pushed her against the wall...then placed his hands on the wall at both sides, trapping her in between.

"Huh?", She gasped, staring into his eyes....

"Police", he whispered to her, gazing at her shocked eyes too, she could feel his breath on her face...

"Don't try to kiss me", she warned...

"It never crossed my mind", he said..

"hmmph".

The police were approaching closer...

"Liar", she scoffed...

"have u ever kissed someone?", He asked...

"y..ess...why?", she also asked...

"in high school?", He asked again...

"Nope after that", she said...

"impossible". he stifled a laughter....

She boiled in rage...and pecked his lips real quick....

"See? I know how to kiss".

Amused at her action, he scoffed.

"You call that a kiss?".

"Hmmhm", she muffled...

"This is a kiss....." He locked his lips with hers, and deepened the kiss while the police men passed by...

"Happy young couple", one of them joshed....

"Have a great night", he teased, as the others bursted out laughing, they walked away....

  Steve let go of her and turned to the direction of the police men, they had disappeared out of sight, he sighed and headed towards the car....

Lisa was stunned as she stared at him leave, her heart was beating pretty fast...she subconsciously touched her lips and then faced the direction of the police men, before walking towards the car also.....

            😇😇😇😇 you know  what
                  to do...

Xoxo❤❤❤

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋