The hunt for Morgan

Steve poured out the boiling water in a mug as he prepared coffee.
Lisa wrapped her arms around her body, the morning was very chilly as it rained heavily the previous night...

"Here", he handed her a cup of coffee, with it's saucer.

"Um...", She murmured, as she gazed at the cup, hesitating to collect it from his hand, she looked up at him with suspicious eyes..."I can't be fooled a second time yunno"...

"Oh, c'mon, I didn't put anything", he groaned.

"how am I sure? You wanna drug me so you can slink away...I watched you, create an attack plan...you want to meet Morgan right?". She asked...

  He sighed and dropped the coffee on the tray, " yes... I'm going to Brooklyn", he murmured..."buh I wouldn't sedate you because of that".

  "Really?".She asked, "prove it ".

He picked up the coffee, took a sip, then placed it on the tray and walked to his reading desk...she glanced at him and heaved a sigh of relief, then began to sip the coffee....

  He stifled a laughter..."even if I had added some pills the coffee, it wouldn't work on me coz I didn't even taste it" He snickered....she stopped abruptly and placed the cup on the tray, then wiped her mouth with her palm...

"You jerk!!", She snapped..

"Jeez, I didn't okay?", He rolled his eyes...

"If I start feeling tipsy later, I'll never forgive you", she said....then wrapped her arms round her body as her teeth rattled...he took out a sweater and gave it to her...

"Thanks", she grumbled as she quickly put it on...He did his laces and combed his hair...

"So what can I do to help?"  She asked..

"Just stay safe and warm okay?", He told her...

"Huh?", She was taken aback

"Please stay back here, it's too risky to come along", he replied...

"What do you mean it's too risky?...I don't give a damn if it's too risky or whatever...I want to follow you", she said...

"Seriously... You bug like my brother...please, don't make me..."

"Lock me up?", She asked, finishing his statement ....

"You can't be serious" He pinched the bridge of his nose. "would you stop being so stubborn?!"

  "I am your partner...I will follow you!!"  She yelled at the top of her voice..

"Calm down.... sheesh...", He said, walking up to her, he took her hands in his and stared into her eyes...

"Please stay for me?"

"But I want to go with you", she muttered as her voice mellowed down.

"I'll be fine if i'm hurt but I'll never forgive myself if you get hurt", he said.

She sighed as he released her hands, "I'll be back soon...I promise", he said, walking out the door, with a smug.

   She sat on the bed, biting her lower lip...

jerk!! He knows my weakness she thought ..

"But will I survive without him?" she thought aloud..."I would never forgive myself if he's hurt too" she pouted.

In a swift movement, she grabbed a pair of boots, put them on, pulled off the sweater and replaced it with a leather jacket..

   Grabbing a ribbon, she packed her hair in a bun.... opening the drawer, she caught a glimpse of a pistol....

brrrrrrr higgly pigglies...She thought and shut it...

"I'll be fine without a gun", she muttered and went after Steve.....

           Stubborn huh?
             Find out what happens next

           You seen morgan's pic right? He's kinda hot yunno😏
      (Psst don't tell Steven I said that)🤐

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋