20) Reminiscing The Past- Part 1

Kai is grumbling incoherently as he furiously types an application on his laptop. Zen is observing him with keen interest as he sips the juice sitting on his bed leisurely. Kai seems as if he wants to just kick the study table and bang his laptop on the wall.

Kai very well knows that his husband is trying hard not to laugh at him which makes him angrier. He is typing an application to the university management to inspect student security and welfare and informing them about his suspicion of students getting bullied.

"Why is the love of my life huffing and puffing in anger?" Zen finally speaks unable to keep quiet anymore.

"I think one of the students in college is being bullied. I want to beat the shit out of the students who think they are the boss and ruin their juniors' life!" Kai slams the laptop shut and heaves in anger. Zen gulps down the juice which he forgot to swallow when Kai started ranting and looks at him with wide open eyes.

Bullying is a sore subject for Kai. His best friend back in college was a victim of severe bullying. Kai went on a rampage when he found out about it. Zen and his friends also had to intervene to sort out all the mess.

"I am there teacher and that is the only thing stopping me from beating the hell out those students who think they're all high and mighty." Kai bangs his hands over the laptop and Zen gets up from the bed before Kai breaks it and reaches his enraged husband.

"I know you are frustrated." Zen says as he urges Kai to get up from the chair. A soft kiss is placed on the agitated man's cheek as his husband drags him towards the bed.

"Frustrated? It's a light word, Zen. The poor boy had a panic attack! He was covered in mud and crying his eyes out. He was yelling at one of my students but he looked shocked. I hope he didn't do anything or so help me god!"

"Did you hear what the kid was yelling?" Zen asks Kai after getting settled in their bed comfortably. Kai crawls in between Zen's legs and sits with his back against his husband's chest. Kai sighs in content when Zen pulls him closer and settles his chin over Kai's shoulder and encloses him in his arms from behind.

"No. I did not hear that. But he was really mad at Dean. Dean is one of my finest students. I don't expect such behavior from him." Kai explains, shuddering a little as Zen's light beard tickles his neck.

"You know, the students thought that he is my relative." Kai chuckles as he remembers his interaction with the students.

"What? Why?" Zen asks curiously.

"His last name is also Wongsuwan. Dean Wongsuwan." As soon as the name leaves Kai's lips, the image of a little boy running around in the garden and giggling flashes through Zen's mind. His cousin, his little brother, Dean.

"I have a cousin named Dean." Zen murmurs but Kai catches on to that. He is surprised at just the possibility of Dean being his husband's cousin. And he might be a bully. Pfft. Takes after his mother in law. Kai tries hard not to snort.

"Wait." Kai picks up his phone from the nightstand and opens Instagram, scrolling down the students IG page. Zen is confused as Kai leans back comfortably on his chest. Zen is about to ask what is happening when Kai literally shoves his phone on his face.

"This boy right here, is Dean Wongsuwan." Zen's eyes widen as he recognizes the boy as his cousin. He can recognize his facial features and is happy to see what a fine grown man Dean has become.

"Yeah. He is my cousin." Zen says with a small smile playing on his lips. Now Kai really prays that Dean isn't a bully. Zen will be so hurt knowing how his cousin turned out.

"Were you two close with each other? I have never seen him around." Well Kai has never seen much of Zen's family but Zen never even talked about this cousin of his.