Blinded

Bodyguard Hoseok's P.O.V.

After leaving Y/N with Jin, I went out for a little walk. It was nice to get away from my daily duties for a while. There was a small breeze and it wasn't too hot outside. The flowers in the gardens were beautiful too.

Maybe it was because these gardens were nothing like our gardens back at the palace but I couldn't help but feel like something was missing.

"Doesn't it feel like something is mi-..."

I stopped walking and looked to the empty space beside me.

Jimin...

I shook my head and kept walking. To be truthful, I've missed walking around our garden together. We've been so busy with things and we haven't went to the garden in a while. Not only that, but it feels like every time we talk to each other, it ends in fighting.

"Ah Jimin, why can't you see that what I'm doing isn't wrong. She isn't even a treat to you so why do you always get so upset whenever  I talk to her?"

I stopped and bit my lip. Where is he right now? He's probably with the prince...

I turned around and started making my way towards the palace. Fighting with Jimin is getting tiring and I just want thing to go back to the way they were. I don't want to keep fighting with him but I wanna know the truth as to why he doesn't like Y/N so much. He's my best friend and fighting is the last thing we should be doing but I just need to know. I can't help but feel like he's hiding something from me.

As I made my way inside, I realized that I couldn't just run up to him and demand answers from him. I need to practice something to say to him...

Okay let's see... How about "We should- No that's stupid. "Stop fighting with me and tell me the truth," Nah, that sounds too harsh. Maybe I should mention something about the weather...

"Hoseok?"

I looked up to see Jimin standing in the hallway.

"You were mumbling my name..." He said while awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other. "Did you want to ask me something?"

"We should stop fighting with me and go outside."

"What...?"

I mentally face palmed myself. I panicked and instead of saying what I wanted to say, I ended up messing it up.

"I... Do you wanna go on a walk with me? You know like we used to..."

It took him a second but he sighed softly and agreed to go with me. We silently headed back in the direction that I came from. Normally we would talking and stuff but just him being here made me feel a little better. The awkwardness that hung around us was something that I couldn't ignore. I really wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say. I really didn't feel like messing up again

As we walked to the entrance of the gardens, the sun started to set. The cool breeze brushed through my hair as we walked along the stone path. I shoved my hands in my pockets as we walked to a small bench on the side of the path. As we sat down, Jimin sighed.

"This is nice."

"Yeah, it's calm out here."

I turned to Jimin and bit my lip. He was staring into the space in front of him.

"I know you probably don't wanna talk about this right now... But i need answers Jimin. You can't just keep telling me to stay away from her without giving me a good reason."

"You already know why I want you to stay away from her."

There was a hint of annoyance in his voice but I needed answers.