CHAPTER 25

VIAH's POV

"Uhm... Zenice? Maybe you'd want to check your room? You might remember something... or maybe just want to check it out?" Ate Sienn asked Zenice.

She called me awhile ago. She wants us both, Zenice and I, to go at their house so we did.

I didn't expect na pati ako ay gusto niyang isama.

Are they going to tell me something?

The thought made me a bit nervous.

"Let's go Ate Zen! Sasamahan kita!" Dave excitedly said, while grabbing her sister's hand.

Zenice looked at me with hesitation.

I nodded and gave her a smile to tell her it'll be okay.

So she let Dave dragged her upstairs.

----

We're now at the lounge area together with Tito David, Ate Sienn, and Kuya Zell.

I only get this nervous whenever I'm talking about something serious with Zenice' family.

"Have you talked?" Tito David started asking.

"Y-Yes Tito. I've... told her about everything." I said, in a low voice.

He slowly nodded.

"So it seems that, my daughter doesn't have any problem or resentment towards you... which I already anticipated." he said then scoffed.

Are they going to tell me now to get away from her?

"Yes. I... think so." I said as I looked down.

Silence took over.

"Uhm..." I uttered, but Ate Sienn suddenly spoke.

"I'm... sorry Viah." sabi niya.

I looked at her, confused.

"I'm sorry for everything I've said before. I'm sorry if I hurt you... and Zenice." she said after looking down.

I felt her sincerity there.

"Ate Sienn... you don't have to. I completely understand." I said.

"No Viah. We really owe you a lot. And we're sorry for doubting your love and all the things you've done for my daughter." Tito David said, while looking directly at my eyes.

I feel like crying but I tried to refrain myself.

"We couldn't wish anything else but her happiness, Viah. And it's you. It has always been you." Kuya Zell said.

I can't say a thing to them.

"We hesitated and doubted before even we've seen the both of you being genuine and happy together. And that's because we're afraid... We're too afraid for Zenice to experience too much pain again. Inakala namin na masasaktan lang siya if you two will end up together... When Mom died, it was the biggest torment in our family. And as the eldest, and as our Dad's daughter, I only wished for their happiness and success in this life... So maybe I got terrified when Zenice took a huge risk for your relationship, thinking that it might just ruin her..." Ate Sienn said as tears run down her face.

Hindi ko na rin napigilan ang mga luha ko.

I gently grabbed her closer to me and hugged her.

"So..."

Ate Sienn and I parted when Tito David spoke.

We all looked at him.

"...when are you getting married?" he asked while smiling.

I was taken aback with his sudden question.

I heard Ate Sienn and Kuya Zell scoffed.

"Dad. Are you in a rush now? What if... si Ahn pala ang gustong mag-propose kay Viah? Edi nagtampo yung anak mo sayo pag makaalala na 'yon?" sabi ni Kuya Zell habang mahinang natawa.

"But she might thank me big time, right? C'mon. I know they've waited so long for this." Tito said.

I was still dumbfounded.

I just can't believe that they're saying these things in front of me.

But...

I'm happy.

Really.

"Stop guys. Masyado niyo atang nabigla si Viah." Ate Sienn said.

Napatingin ako sakanya.

"Ah... N-No, no. I actually thought about it already. But... I think I should wait for her memories to come back. Y-You know... s-she might---" Ate Sienn cut me off.

"Not love you anymore? Oh c'mon. Just by seeing how he acted last night? She defended you just like how she did years ago." she said.

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya at parang biglang tumalon yung puso ko.

"Y-Yeah? B-But---"

I stopped when we heard Zenice suddenly calling me and rushed downstairs.

"Ahn. What's the problem??" Kuya Zell asked worriedly.

Napatayo kaming lahat hanggang sa makarating siya sa harap namin.

Nakasunod din si Dave sakanya.

"Naaalala... ko na." she said while still panting.

Nagkatinginan naman kaming lahat nila Ate Sienn.

Teary-eyed, I asked,

"N-Naaalala mo na lahat? Naaalala mo na 'ko??" I asked, excitement was written on my face.

"Hindi. Si..." she paused while gasping some air.

Lahat kami naghihintay sa sasabihin niya.

"Si Vanessa! Naalala ko na!"

WHAT. THE. HELL???