Chapter 56: YOU REALLY ARE MY SOULMATE

"I am very uncomfortable with the energy we have created in the studio today."

K: You're making jokes? Really? Is that laughable to think we could get back together?

"YES. Kuroo, I can't. You know I can't."

K: Yes you can baby. I know you can.

"Kuroo, I need you to be okay with this. I need you to let me go. You have to let me go." I placed my hand on his cheek one last time. I stared into those gorgeous hazel eyes that once were filled with so much love, but now held so much sadness, guilt, betrayal, and most of all tears. " Kuroo, loving you was one of the best things that could've ever happened to me. You made me so happy. I woke up everyday excited to see where the day would bring us. I woke up knowing that no matter what happened, I would be okay, because I had you. But you left, and you took that security away from me. The way things ended, it might have sucked, but I think it happened for a reason. You taught me a lesson. You taught that no one should have the power to take my day and control it. I shouldn't be relying on someone else to make me feel safe. I should do that on my own. Kuroo, I forgive you. I forgive you and I think that you're allowed to forgive yourself too. You're allowed to forget it happened, because that girl you slept with, she wasn't the end of me, just us. You gave it your best shot. You tried to fix this, but it didn't work. So it's okay. I promise. You can let go. Just let me go.'' I handed him the half melted ice. "I think you're more than capable of doing this yourself." As I turned around to walk away I saw that everyone in the gym, including the coaches were watching me. They were listening to our whole fight. They all knew what a joke I was now. What a joke my relationship with Kuroo was. I mustered up the courage to force a smile the way I had done so many times before. I bowed. "I'm very sorry for the disturbance. I'll be taking my leave." Tobi started walking up to who I thought was me. "Tobi?" But he didn't say a word as he walked straight past me and punched Kuroo in the jaw. I stood there shocked, we all did.

K: THAT'S FOR CHEATING ON (F/N).

He threw another punch

K: THAT'S FOR MAKING HER CRY.

And another

K: AND THAT'S FOR HAVING THE AUDACITY TO ASK FOR HER FORGIVENESS

He was losing control. He had gotten on top of Kuroo and started beating the daylight out of him. "KAGEYAMA STOP. GET OFF OF HIM." The sound of my voice must have triggered Kuroo who had finally registered what was happening.

K: WE WARNED YOU THAT THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IF YOU HURT AGAIN.

The two were rolling around, and all I could do was stand there and cry. Cry and watch in awe of just how useless I actually was. I had never seen him this angry. Coach Ukai pulled Tobi off of Kuroo. Daichi and Ashai were holding Noya and Tanaka back. I looked at the boys, there was so much rage on all their faces, so much hate. I've ruined everything. An alliance Mr. Takeda worked so hard to mend, I shattered. Amazing job as always (P/N). I looked at Tobi, but I couldn't help. All I could do was run, run as fast and as far as I could.

U: KAGEYAMA. We'll talk later. Go.

I had to keep going. Keep running until all the pain and all the shame was far enough away for me to pretend to be okay again. Keep running, just keep -. I was tackled to the ground. We were on a hill causing whoever had tackled me to roll down with me. I thought the land would hurt, but it didn't, because when I opened my eyes I was in Tobi's arms protected from the fall. My tear stained eyes, which still held water looked at his scratched up face. I reached up my hand, but quickly pulled back when he winced. "I'm sorry" I whispered, but he didn't care. He held onto me tighter and laid his head on mine. The tears began to fall at an even faster rate. "You... you found me."