Chapter 74: LET'S CHOOSE TO TAKE THE RISK

K: Nothing

"No, something is wrong so tell me and tell me now. You've been a jerk since you walked off that court. I let it go because I knew you were upset and I'd thought you'd get over it or at least process it normally, but THREE STRIKES, AND YOUR OUT."

K: IF I'M SUCH A JERK WHY ARE WE EVEN FRIENDS?

"BECAUSE YOU IDIOT, WHEN YOU SEE THE GOOD IN SOMEONE YOU DON'T GIVE UP ON THEM. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY CAN'T SEE IT THEMSELVES"

K: THERE'S NOTHING GOOD ABOUT ME.

"STOP THAT. YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE IT. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT YOU HAVE GREATNESS INSIDE OF YOU. YOU ARE KIND, YOU ARE SOOOO DRIVEN AND YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST HEART. THERE SO MUCH PASSION IN YOU, BUT YOU'RE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF. YOU BLAME YOURSELF FOR THE LOSS, AND YOU TAKE THE WEIGHT OF IT ALL AND PUT IT ON YOURSELF. THEN YOU SHUT EVERYBODY OUT. I'M HERE. I'M RIGHT HERE. SO LET ME BE HERE FOR YOU DAMN IT."

K: Go be there for Kuroo,

"WHAT IS YOUR F*CKING PROBLEM.YOU THINK I LIKE GETTING YELLED AT EVERY FREAKIN TIME YOU LOSE A GAME? JUST ONCE I'D LIKE YOU TO LOSE NOT BE A COMPLETE ASSHOLE TO ME. IT'S NEVER MY FAULT WHEN YOU WHEN YOU WIN AND IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU LOST. I'M NOT ON THAT COURT. SO TELL WHAT'S WRONG."

K: NOTHING.

"STOP SAYING THAT. IT'S SOMETHING, SO JUST TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG. WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET?"

K: I'M NOT.

"For someone who hates Kuroo so much you both sure do have a lot in common. You want to keep lying to me, fine. I'm done."

K: That's rich.

"What is?"

K: When you say you're done, do you mean for now, for five minutes because I know how much you hate sticking to what you say.

"Excuse me?"

K: You'll be "done" long enough to make a point, but the second I apologize we'll reset and start all over, because that's what you do. Try having a little self worth.

"You don't know what you're saying."

K: But I do. I figured it out. It's because you like it when people are mean to you. That's the reason you keep going back no matter how badly someone hurt you. You like it when people are mean, because then you can run away and cry. You make it so people feel bad for you this way it can be all about poor little (P/N). That's why you went running back to Kuroo. That's why you're still friends with Oikawa, and that's why you keep coming back no matter how bad the things I say are. Sure you'll pretend to be upset for a little, but then you'll come crawling right back like you always do. YOU'RE PATHETIC.

I stood there shocked. What was he even saying? How can he be so hurtful? "Are you delusional? Did a ball hit you in the brain too hard while I was gone or is it the loss? Did that affect you this much? Because you sure have lost your freaking mind. I am not back together with Kuroo."

K: Now who's lying. Don't you get it? I saw you when you got back. I saw you kiss that piece of shit. So don't tell me you and Kuroo aren't back together because I know you are.

"So you think, because I kissed someone, we're dating or in a relationship, or that I took him back? Do you also think that just because we're friends and I wear this necklace that I belong to you or that you own me?"

FLASHBACK

I was walking home with Tobi from practice at night as I had been doing the entire week. It had been a week since my official return and the boy had not left my side. He said he wanted to "make sure I still knew the way." This overly cautious look was new for him, it was strange, but adorable. "Look at that, I made it home again, without getting lost or falling down a hill."