Chapter 75: FUKURODANI'S ACE

Tobi stopped me again at elevator doors. You're kidding me right? This boy doesn't know when to quit. He pushed me up against the wall and stared me dead in the eye. He had a crazed look on.

K: LOOK ME IN THE EYE, AND TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT ME IN YOUR LIFE ANY MORE.

"Tobio, stop. You're acting insane."

K: COME ON. DO IT. DON'T HOLD BACK.

The tears running down his face and all the sadness and frustration mixed in his eyes, I couldn't do it. I couldn't.

K: THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. YOU CAN'T DO IT CAN YOU?

"TOBIO, STOP. YOU'RE CAUSING A SCENE." I looked around at an almost empty lobby, but the sweet receptionist held a worried look on her face.

K: I DON'T CARE. TELL ME WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS? TELL ME WHY YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY?

U: WHAT'S GOING ON DOWN HERE?

I looked up at the stairs. Coach Ukai, she must have called him. Mr. Takeda, Daichi, Ashai, and Suga came rushing down too.

K: TELL ME WHY YOU'RE RUNNING? TELL ME.

"I'M SCARED ALRIGHT."

K: OF WHAT.

"OF THIS. LOOK AT YOU. LOOK AT US. I BROKE YOU. I broke you. I did it, and it's all my fault. So let me go, because I'm letting you go. What we have isn't healthy. We're too dependent on each other. YOU NEED TO MAKE FRIENDS AND STOP BEING SO OBSESSED WITH ME." It's me. I'm too dependent on you. I want you to stay. I want to stay with me forever, but for that to happen, you've got to, if only for a little while.

K: Oh I'm obsessed with you?

"Yeah, and it's creepy. You need to know when I walk home, who I talk to and hang out with. You're basically a stalker." He's just being a friend. A good one. One who cares about you and your safety.

K: You're the stalker. All you've done from the day we've met is follow me around and annoy me.

Good. Say that. If you say it enough maybe we'll both believe it. "If I'm so annoying, this is your lucky chance, you can officially get rid of me."

K: GLADLY

A: Guys what is going on? You two are best friends.

K/Me: "NOT ANYMORE."

S: What happened? You guys never fight like this.

D: It must have been something big with this kind of falling out.

"Please don't worry about it Captain. We're both very content with our decision. We're sorry for the disturbance." I bowed and Tobi followed my actions.

K: Yeah, what she said.

U: This still doesn't seem right.

"It is. So goodnight. Mr. Takeda, I'm going to check in on Hinata. I'll see you all tomorrow." I walked up the stairs to see a sleeping Hinata. I made sure to check his temperature and change his towels. He was basically back to normal. I'm glad. At least one thing is going right tonight.

MEANWHILE DOWNSTAIRS

Mr. Takeda: Should we talk about this?

U: They apologized for the disturbance, what more can we do?

Mr. Takeda: We could punish them for fighting?

U: And force ourselves to listen to them bicker all ride long about who got them in trouble?

Mr. Takeda: We can't not punish them for our convenience. It's not ethical.