Chapter 98

Connor's POV

We're finally back home! It's been 2 weeks since the incident at magic kingdom and they finally caught them. It was on the news and it popped up on our tv in the tour bus. We were all relived.

Mallory on the other hand, woke up a couple hours after the incident. She was a bit shaken up, but calmed down when she noticed we were all with her and she wasn't take by them.

"Dad??" I heard Mallory call out

"Yeah?" I shouted from my room.

Sarah is at her house now because her family is coming. She wants me and Mallory to come over for dinner tomorrow night to meet them.

"We need more Dill Pickles!" I heard her shout

I slightly laughed and got up from my bed. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to find Mal standing on a chair in front of the fridge looking in the freezer. She didn't notice I was behind her, so I tiptoed behind her and picked what and slinging her over my shoulder.

She screamed and started laughing. I quickly closed the fridge and went into the living room. I set her on the couch so that we're facing face to face. We were now having a staring contest.

"We don't have any ice-cream either" she said

I couldn't help but laugh and that made me blink.

"I win! So now we need to go to the store and get pickles and ice-cream!" She shouted

"Don't forget to get more Arizona green tea!" I heard Kian yell

"Go put on your shoes and let's go then" I said laughing

Mallory ran up-stairs and came back down moments later with her shoes on.

"Ready?" I asked

"Ready" she said and we headed out the door.

We finally reached market and got a good parking stall. We got out of the car and I made sure to lock it. I grabbed Mallory's hand and we walked into the store.

"Okay, I'll get the pickles and you get the ice-cream and Arizona okay?" Mallory said

"Fine, but meet me right by the chips aisle okay?" I said

"Okay" she said letting go of my hand and running towards the pickles.

I grabbed a basket from the front of the store and headed towards the Arizona. I'll get the ice-cream last so it doesn't melt as much.

I just reached the Arizonas and put 2 boxes of Arizona into the basket. While I was heading towards the ice-cream, the fire alarm in the store started to go off.

Everyone was panicking and rushing out of the market. I dropped the basket that was holding the 2 cases of Arizona and rushed to where the pickles were at. The only thing on my mind, was Mallory.

I finally reached the aisle and saw she wasn't there. I started to panic and remembered I told her to meet me at the chips aisle. I darted towards aisle 6 and sure enough there she was.

She turned around and had a fear look on her face. Smoke started to surround us and Mallory started coughing.

"Dad!" She shouted running towards me. I picked her up and rushed towards the exit. The smoke just mad everything hard to see.

I heard sirens outside and police cars. And just our luck, I heard something crack and a rack fell right I from of us causing us to fall back. One thing lead to another and the rack was on fire.

There were at least 3 more people that were behind me panicking. Mallory was crying and I was trying to calm her down.

"Mallory, keep your head snuggled in my shirt. Help is on the way okay" I said trying to calm her down.

I felt her nod.

"We're coming to get you guys, don't worry" I heard a firefighter shout

"How many people are there?" He shouted

"Uhh- there's 5 of us" I shouted

"Is anyone else in the store?" He asked trying to move the rack.

"I don't know" I said

The firefighter finally moved the rack and 6 firefighter came and took us out. They brought us to the ambulance truck and then went back into the burning store to see if there were anyone else.

I sat Mal up in the ambulance truck and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" I asked

"Y-yeah, just scared" she said

"Me too, but were okay" I said

After the ambulance checked up on us, we were free to go.

On the way to the car, I overheard the police say that someone set a fire to create a distraction so they could steal. They found a lighter and and gas fluid around the back. The exit door was locked up from the outside which should never be locked up.

We finally reached the car and we got inside. We finally reached the house and walked through the doors.

Everyone was sitting in the living room.

"Mal, go take a shower and get the smoke off you okay?" I said

She nodded her head.

"Where's my Arizona???" Kian whined and he turned his head to look at us "woah, Connor what happened" he said standing up from the couch

He walked over to Mallory and picked her up.

"Wth Happened?" He asked observing us

Everyone now rushed to us.

"Someone set a fire in the store as a distraction to steal and us being lucky, a rack fell in front of us while we were trying to get out of there and it caught on fire." I said

Everyone gasped and asked if we were okay.

I nodded my head "were just gonna shower though" I said

"Here Mal, I'll help you" Lia said taking Mallory from Kian.

Me, Lia, and Mallory all headed upstairs and went our separate ways after going off to our rooms. I took a nice long hot shower to try get my mind off today. When I finished, I dressed in sweats and a plain white shirt and walked to Mallory's room.

I heard her and Lia still in the shower. They were in there for a long time. I took a long shower and she's still in there.

I opened her bathroom door and walked in. Now I know why she's still in here.

"How's your bubble bath?" I asked laughing slightly

"Fun! Do you want a soapy shave ice?" She asked me

"Sure" I smiled

She scooped up a pile of the foam soap and put it in one of the cups and handed it to me.

"Why thank you. How much is it?" I asked

"It's free" she smiled

"How nice" I said laughing along with Lia

A few minutes later, I rinsed Mal down and put her pj's on. Mal thanked Lia and Lia walked back down stairs.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" Mal asked

"Yeah of course" I said

We headed downstairs and ate dinner with everyone. When we were done, we headed upstairs and washed up. Mal crawled in my bed under the covers. I brought my laptop on my lap and we watched Netflix till her eyes drifted off to sleep.

I wrapped my arms around her tiny body and soon drifted off my self.