21

Thorne was sitting in his room. He wasn't sure what to do now that they were back at the palace. Cinder has been almost nonexistent sense they got here almost two days ago. Not much had been said about Kai either. Ughhh. It's so boring sitting in a room by yourself. Maybe Cress will want to do something. He knocked on the door to her room as his port went off.

Letumosis outbreak San Diego

An outbreak hadn't occurred in his home town yet. Maybe he would see someone he knew. Looking up he was surprised to see Cress there.

"Wanna go to San Diego?" He knew they would still have to go there if she said no but doesn't hurt to ask.

"Isn't that where you grew up?"

"Yep. I can show you all the things I used to despise as a kid." 

"As long as you also take me to see Hotel del Coronado. They built it in the second era. It's supposed to be beautiful." 

"That old thing? If you want to, I'll give you the grand tour."

"Wait, how are we going to tell Cinder we're leaving." He hadn't thought of that. She'll understand though and we're coming back. 

"I can handle that. You want to prepare the rampion?" He left to find Cinder without a response. Teaching Cress to fly was one of the best decisions he had ever made. That list was starting to get big. He should write it out for a museum or something. 

"Wait." Cress called from behind him.

"Wha—" The second he turned around she captured his lips. He melted rapping his arms around her waist and brought her close. He wanted to be closer still but she broke away turning her back and left without looking back. He watched as she turned the corner out of sight before he remembered he needed to find Cinder. Her room was in the opposite direction.

After going to her room, the doctors and asking a whole lot of people where she was he found her. Sitting on a bench in the gardens. She looked stressed.

"Please don't pass out on me. I wouldn't want to open your control panel." This got a small laugh out of her. That was something he could work with.

"You wouldn't dare." She said.

"Well... " She gave him a look. It's not like he liked opening it, she just kept passing out around him. Maybe because he was so hot she couldn't handle it at times.

"What are you doing here?" He went to tell her but realized he felt bad leaving. He was coming back. It would just be a few days, maybe a month but something told him not to leave her. Kai was... well he didn't know but in a bad enough position that he was still in that thing but he didn't have a choice. 

"There's been an outbreak in San Diego. We'll be back as soon as possible though."

"That's ok. Scarlet and Wolf has to go back to the farm. Winter And Jacin had to go back to Canada. Vancouver this time I think." Was that meant to make him feel less bad?

"Then me and Cress better hurry."

"No, you need to slow down. It's a miracle you don't crash." He wasn't that bad a pilot but he laughed.

"Going slow's for wimps." With that he left feeling successful.