19

Cinders arms were full of blankets, pillows and a mattress. She was slowly making  her way to the ladder, listening to the news in the background. She dropped all the stuff down to the lower level and started to climb down herself. Adri's voice made her look up. She was on the netscreen.

"...new Beijing. Please take a moment to watch this footage of your beloved emperor." Adri said before the screen switched to the video she had watched on the trap ship. 

"Cress!"

"In here." Winter said from in the podship dock. She went down the ladder. Kai was no longer screaming but he was in obvious pain.

"Adri's playing the video of kai from the ship. Can you stop it?"

"I'll go take a look." Cress left and she started to make the bed.

"A suspended animation tank would help right?" She said almost afraid ask Jacin. What if it wouldn't.

"I don't know about ones from earth but one from Luna would probably do the trick." She was pretty sure the one in scar's bunker was lunar. She would have been brought from Luna.

"We're going to Scarlets farm to use the one in her underground bunker. We'll be there in like ten minutes."

"Ok." He said. "I'll go get prepared." And with that he was gone with Winter trailing along with him leaving her alone with Kai. It was torture but also a huge relief to see him. She reached out for his hand but he winced at the touch so she backed off. Something was different. She hadn't noticed it at first but she could sense him with her gift. Made sense Ryan would remove his linh device.

"We're going to stop it. Everything is going to be ok." He looked into her eyes.

"I kno—" He stoped. In to much pain to move his mouth but it brought a small smile to her lips. She couldn't imagine what this must be like for him. She didn't even know what pain like that felt like and she had had her fair share of pain. Someone knocked on the doorframe. She looked back. Winter had returned.

"They need you to open the door to the bunker. I can stay with Kai if you want." 

"You don't have to but you can if you like." She kissed her fingers and blew it to Kai. Then left to go help the others.

Trudging through the mud was a lot more peaceful without all the media barking questions at them like last time she was here. Just her and Jacin walking to the hanger in complete silence. She was sure it wouldn't take long for them to notice the landed rampion and come flying all they say out here. A hand landed on her shoulder making her jump but it was just Jacin. 

"I can't imagine what you've been going through. If that was Winter I don't know what I'd do." She hadn't been expecting that.

"Umm... Thanks." She wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. He moved his hand and they walked the rest of the way in silence.

The hanger was clean as It always was. Or maybe it just always looked clean compared to the first time she had seen it. She made sure to lock the door behind them before walking to the cabinet. It took her a second to find the latch on the floor. It had been a while sense she had come her and then only twice. Yanking it up it revealed the ladder set into the wall going down into the darkness. A wave of panic swept over her. She had only showed this to two people. Thorne and Kai. She didn't even think Wolf or Scarlet had been down here. Jacin was a good friend but she wasn't sure if she was ready to show him this part of her past. She tried to ignore the feeling as she went down. There was no getting around this. She couldn't do it by herself. She landed on the floor. For Kai she reminded herself. Jacin stepped onto the ground.

"Lights on." She said. The faint sound of the generator came on then the lights one at a time. She could see Jacin take it all in but not at the same time. He turned his attention to the tank.

"This is an older model but it should still work." Thank goodness. He started to open things then close them. Then after what felt like forever he said.    

"This is in really good shape. It's all ready to go to. We just need to carry it up."

"We have to carry it up there?" She asked. How was that supposed to work. They must have brought it down somehow. Would they have carried it down with her in it?

"Do you have a better idea?" She didn't and there was no way to figure out how they had done it years ago.

"Let's do this." She grabbed the foot of it while Jacin took the head. They moved it so Jacin had his back pressed up against the ladder. It was lighter then she had been expecting but still really heavy. 

"On three I'll put my end up, you go down." Jacin said. "One.     Two.     Three." 

He started lifting his end higher and she set down her end. Then put her hands up just to make sure it didn't fall down on top of her. Once it was steady on the ground. Jacin started to climb up the ladder. 

"Start lifting it up." She found a good grip before hoisting it up as far as she could. They started to get into a rhythm and it didn't take long for them to get the thing out. 

"We did it." Now all they had to do was bring it to the rampion. That would be the easy part. She went and opened the hanger door. People started barking questions at her almost instantly. There wasn't as much of them as at the wedding but to much for her liking. She shut the door again pressing her back up against it.

"Is it bad." Jacin asked.

"Not scarlets wedding bad but bad."

"We need to get them to leave before we can do anything." Jacin said. "Isn't it illegal for them to see Kai like that." She commed Scarlet.

Lost of media, help

"I'm pretty sure it's illegal for anyone but me, the doctor and Torin to see him but I don't really think he cares if you guys see him. I commed Scarlet she should be able to make them leave." It didn't take long before she heard a gun shot and a lot of yelling. She couldn't make out the words but she knew it was Scar. When the yelling had stopped she opened the door again and farm was once again peaceful. 

"I hate how they think they can just trespass. This is my land and I don't want them here!" She knew the feeling.

"You want to help?" She asked. Scarlet gave her a confused look before she realized what she had said. 

"Sure."

Together they managed to move the suspended animation tank pretty fast. Jacin was preparing it to put Kai in. He had said it wouldn't take long. She went and sat beside Kai. She longed to reach out. To hold his hand or just be snuggled up against him. Soon she thought. After we get that device out. She was glad that they had found a way to take away the pain but she still wasn't sure how they were going to operate on his neck. They would solve that later though. 

"We're all ready to go." Jacin said.

"Than—" Kai started but stoped regretting it.

"Your welcome." Jacin said. "I'll go get Wolf. It will be smother if one person moves him." Jacin left and she fixed her attention on Kai.

"I—" Kai started but it was her that interrupted him.

"Don't talk. I'll see you when you wake up and this will all be over." She gave him a weak smile and she could see it in his eyes that he was smiling to even if his lips never moved. Wolf walked in ahead Jacin.

"Sorry this will hurt." Wolf said before scooping him up. Kai screamed out in pain. Wolf moved with quick graceful movements and set him down. Kai stoped screaming once he was set down but started taking in deep breaths and often sharp and in pain ones. Jacin got to work quickly, sticking needles and tubes into Kai's body. His eyes closed and his breathing slowed.

"I love you." She said before Jacin closed the tank and it started to fill with the blue liquid.