16

We're they the only ones that could do anything around here. Cinder had just gotten news that the mission to get Kai back had been unsuccessful.

"Did you even bring an escort?" 

"No all are android have been malfunctioning sense they took the emperor." Idiots, what were they expecting then. She took a deep breath to calm down. 

"Why haven't I been informed of this." She asked.

"That's something for Torin to deal with." That was one thing she missed about being queen. 

"Are we still able to track them at least." The rampion crew was all basically healed but Iko still needed a replacement body. She wanted the exact same one so they had had to make a custom order. 

"They have removed the tracking device and disabled radars but are people while on the ship were able to figure out that they have new ID chips installed and their ID numbers." finally some good news.

"Great we're going to go get him."

"Now!?" 

"Yes, I'm getting him back as soon as possible."

"but you have a press conference in an a few hours." She didn't really care. She just wanted Kai back. 

"On what?" Can't be that important.

"Your progress on finding Kai, Torin has named you the unofficial head of the operation." This women did not just say that.

"Oh and I'm meant to go out there and say we know where Kai is and we haven't gone to get him yet because I needed to attend this press meeting. Also by being here I'm letting Adri know that were on are way to get Kai back so they might be gone before we even get there."

"Well, no"

"Comm telling the press crew I wont be there due to urgent matters."

"Of coarse." and with that she left Cinders room. Cinder waited a few moments to make sure she was gone before going to find the crew.

They were finally arriving to the ship after a few hours of planning. It was weird to see Iko in a different body but they had had to buy something quickly. She was a brunet with slightly paler skin and lots of freckles.  

"Everyone ready?" They all started speaking at once.

"Yep, yes, never been more ready, lets do this." Everyone but Jacin, Kinney and Winter squeezed into the one podship. She wouldn't be able to focus if they brought them along with Wolf and if she lost focus for a second Ryan could turn them. Cress once again hacked into the system and opened the dock. They were really getting him back after... had it only been five days. It had felt like a lifetime. A beep told them it was safe to exit onto the lusso 2.8. They all gathered in the dock before anything could happen.

"Everyone knows what to do, stay alert and lets go." They split up into two groups and went there separate ways. Iko, Thorne, and Cress went to the cockpit so they could land for backup but this time they had Iko who was now programmed to be able to fight. Wolf and Scarlet were with her, it was there job to find Ryan using his ID chip and keep him away from the others including any soldiers. She pulled up all ID's on the ship. Kai was on the floor below them with Pearl, in the spa. Ryan and Adri were nearing them at a run. She was finally going to see him.

"This way." She went out the other door away from Iko and the others to the stairs. They ran the whole way down. They would arrive just after Adri and Ryan did. She turned the corner to the spa Wolf and Scarlet right behind her. Kai was down the hall Pearl holding his hand, dragging him away.