Thirty-One

"So where are we going?" I asked as Karl drove.

"You'll see," Karl smiled.

I stopped asking, even though it was killing me to know where he was taking me. This man needs to stop with the surprises. I don't think I can take it anymore.

"Don't look so anxious," Karl laughed, "I'm not going to kidnap you or something."

"I know that but surprises make me nervous," I whined.

"Trust me," Karl nodded as he kept driving.

"I do," I promised.

I took a deep breath and did my best to relax. I trust Karl, and I trust most people, but I know I'm safe with him. And I know that because I actually feel safe with him. I don't even feel safe being alone with Chandler. He can be a little spacey sometimes...

Karl reached over and placed his hand gently on my knee, lovingly running his thumb along the outside of my thigh. Safety.

Karl finally parked his car in a place I knew well. He smiled at me as he climbed out of his car and jogged around to my side, opening my door for me before I had a chance to do it myself. He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers before we walked in the direction of the salty water.

"Why the beach?" I asked as I took off my shoes and felt the sand on my feet.

"Because you love the beach," Karl shrugged simply.

I didn't know what to say. He was right, I do love the beach. I'm safe here and everything makes sense here. He really does seem to pay attention and know me. Maybe he even knows me better than I know me. As we walked further along the sand, I noticed a blanket set up in the sand. How does he always seem to make things so incredibly perfect?

"Do you like it?" Karl asked after I stopped in my tracks, admiring the picnic he had set up.

"It's perfect," I assured him, "thank you."

"Anything for you," Karl smiled.

We sat down next to each other on the blanket and I looked out at the ocean; it was so peaceful right now. Hardly anyone was on the beach and the waves were calm. It was perfect.

I looked back at Karl and he was already looking a me, a blush creeping across his cheeks. He leaned forward, lightly pressing his lips against mine for a moment.

Have I mentioned how perfect this is? Because it is quite literally the definition of perfect. We sat together on a quiet beach, eating pizza and just being together. The thing is, with Karl, I don't need these perfect dates. I just need to be around him.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Of course you can," Karl nodded.

"I know it confusing, but I don't think I need us to go so slow," I bit my lower lip as I tried to figure out how he'd react to my words, "I just like being around you and I don't want you to find someone else while you're waiting for me, I'm scared to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me," Karl promised, "I'm not going anywhere. And I don't want us to move too fast and have it push you."

"It won't push me, I think I finally understand relationships," I insisted, "and you're always giving me butterflies. No one ever gives me butterflies."

"You're sure?" Karl asked.

He's got this adorable pouty, soft look on his face. A look I've only seen when we're alone. Its like puppy dog eyes, but so much better.

"I'm sure, I want to be with you," I almost whined.

I like Karl, so much to where I'm always feeling like we're in a fairytale even if were just sitting next to each other doing nothing. I don't need these perfect dates to feel like our time together is from a fairytale; which makes it so much more possible to me that I could really love Karl. And I don't really know what that's supposed to mean because this is all new to me, but that will come with time. I think...

________

@AvaMontgomery_: Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like

@karljacobs_: Always. Thank you for letting me in
@chris_thememegod: Smooth you simp, very smooth

@katyfarquhartyson: I'm happy for you
@AvaMontgomery_: And I couldn't be happier

@maddyspidell: This is the cutest thing I've ever seen
@AvaMontgomery_: Just wait until I tell you all about this weekend...

@mrbeast: Why do I feel like I'm missing something?
@AvaMontgomery_: You will know everything eventually

@chandlerhallow: What are we missing?!

@baifield: Come hang out at our place next weekend instead. I think you two need a chaperone
@AvaMontgomery_: Excuse you sir, we need no such thing
@karljacobs_: Don't embarrass me Bailey!

@edristareq: This is adorable. I'm happy for you

@dreamwastaken: READ MY DM
@karljacobs_: STOP!