Sixty

"I'll see you when you tonight," Karl smiled sleepily from our front door.

"Have a good day," I smiled back at him.

"Be careful on your drive. Text me when you get there," Karl insisted.

"I will. I love you," I kissed him quickly.

"I love you. Have a good last day at the office."

I walked away from our front door and got out to my car. Today was it, my last day going into the office. Starting Monday, all of the work I'll do for Ashton will be done remotely from my new home in Raleigh. It's crazy, I didn't expect my life was going to look like this. If you told me six months ago that I would be in a relationship without someone I couldn't love and adore more, and that I would be living with him in our own home in Raleigh... I'd think you were full of shit. But here we are.

Because I had to drive all the way back to Wilmington, it was early. Too early. And I've been doing this every day this week. It was still pitch black outside as the early morning clock ticked away. I stopped for coffee before I had really left town to make my way for the office. If there was ever a time for me to need some series caffeine; it was now.

"I wanna see some ass, I wanna see some ass, baby can you do it like that?" I sang along to my playlist as I drove.

I honestly don't even know where this song came from, but all the sudden it was in my playlist and I knew all the words. Crazy how that happens sometimes. I'm kidding. Karl added it into my playlist a few weeks ago after Sapnap and I were singing it together while they were streaming.

I stopped at a store close by the office to pick something up that I was planning for later. It's my last day, and I plan to go out not with a sizzle but with a bang. Bitch, let's do this shit.

Finally, I pulled into the parking lot of the office, not long after the sun had finally broken over the horizon. It's so bittersweet to see my car in this parking lot when I know it'll be the last time as a normal employee.

I walked inside with my stuff, being the only one here as usual. I turned on my computer and got myself situated for the day, sending Karl a text to let him know I made it here safely like I promised I would. But I knew he would be back asleep, as he should be.

"Morning Ava," Ashton smiled at me as he walked into the firm.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"You look pretty," Ashton complimented me, "I can't believe it's your last day."

"Just my last day sitting in this chair, I'm doing the exact same job from home," I reminded him.

"I know, but you're still leaving," Ashton shrugged, "we finally became friends and now you're leaving. What a dick move, I should be mad at you for that."

"Sorry, I don't have a dick, I wouldn't know," I shrugged.

"I hate you," Ashton laughed.

"No you don't," I scoffed.

I grabbed my notes and followed Ashton into his office. When he approached his desk, he saw the Smirnoff Ice I had placed on his desk chair. Did I really ice my boss on my last day of coming into the office? Yes, I absolutely did. Do I regret it? Absolutely fucking not.

"What is this?" Ashton asked with a laugh as he put his jacket down and grabbed onto the bottle..

I giggled as I started recording our entire reaction so I could post it later.

"You got iced. So you have to drink it," I laughed.

"What the hell? Why do I have to drink it?"