Fifty-Seven

"That's the last one!" Karl cheered as he placed the last box down in our now shared bedroom.

"We get to sleep here tonight," I smiled, "and every tonight after that."

"And we get to come home to each other every night," Karl smiled, closing his arms around me in a hug.

I nodded before I leaned up and placed my lips against his for a moment.

"It's October, do you know what you'd like to do for Halloween in a few weeks?" Karl asked as he sat on our new shared bed.

"I'm not sure," I admit, "what are the boys doing for Halloween?"

"Chris and Katie are taking Tucker trick or treating, and then I think Chandler is throwing a party," Karl explained, "he was saying something about a Halloween party the other day."

"Do you want to go to Chandler's Halloween party?" I asked, "that sounds like fun to me, we can pick out matching costumes."

"Whatever you pick out for us to wear as matching costumes will be perfect, I trust you," Karl smiled as he kissed my forehead.

We stopped talking about the upcoming holiday to unpack. We actually live here now. This is our home, like actually.

Halloween was actually my favorite holiday, even though basically every other country doesn't even celebrate it. I just love the spooky stuff. I consider myself a sort of expert on horror movies and the whole witchy season. Halloween was always my favorite time as a kid because I got to be anyone I wanted to be, I didn't have to be me. And I never used to want to be me. There are times when I still don't want to be.

"Hey beautiful," Karl smiled, "we're almost done unpacking, but I think the rest can wait. Why don't we go out to do something fun. Something for fall because you love fall."

"Like what?"

"It's a surprise," Karl smirked, "just get dressed so we can be cute and go do some fall-ish."

"Okay," I laughed as Karl lightly pushed me towards our closet.

I picked out a cute outfit quickly, changing into a simple white crop top and an orange jean skirt. Simple, but cute. When Karl was ready, I grabbed my leather jacket and we left together. I knew he wouldn't tell me where we were going since "it's a surprise" but whatever, I wanna know. I like knowing things!

"Do you have any idea for Halloween costumes?" Karl asked as he drove.

"I've got an idea or two," I shrugged happily, "we've got time to decide."

"Well I will wear anything, as long as we're not naked," Karl laughed.

"Why? You don't want to see me naked?" I rose one of my brows at him.

"Oh no, I absolutely want to see you naked, but I don't want anyone else to see you naked," Karl insisted with a laugh as his cheeks burned red.

"Mhmm sure you do," I rolled my eyes.

"I do," Karl defended, "why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, you don't always seem like you do," I shrugged, growing embarrassed from the conversation that I couldn't back out of now.

"What do you mean?" Karl asked.

"Karl, your roommates who would be able to hear us if we had ever done anything thought I could be pregnant but we've never had sex. We haven't even gotten close. And you've never even really tried either, I just assumed that by now you would've at least tried to like initiate or something," I tried to explain as simply as I could.