Thirty-Eight

"What should I do with the surfboards?" Karl asked as I grabbed my bag from the back seat.

"Well one of them is yours," I smiled, "you can leave it with me or you can take it home this weekend."

"Mine?" Karl questioned surprised, "you got me a board?"

"Well yeah, you can't learn to surf without a board," I shrugged.

"Thank you," Karl smiled as he leaned in and kissed me sweetly.

"But for now, we can bring them up to my apartment," I finally answered his original question.

We got into my apartment and I locked the door after we were both inside. I never leave my door unlocked, never.

"What do you want to get for dinner?" Karl asked, "I will order whatever you want."

"Honestly I don't know, you pick. I will eat anything," I smiled.

"Are you sure?" Karl checked.

"I'm sure, I'm going to go shower and you can take one after me if you'd like," I kissed him quickly before I turned to go upstairs.

I got upstairs and into my bathroom, turning on my water as hot as it would go before I stepped in. The hot water consumed me, almost comforting me as much as Karl does. When I decided I was clean of the salty residue from the ocean, I turned off the water and stepped out, wrapping a towel around myself. I took care of my bathing suit and walked into my bedroom, seeing Karl sitting on my bed.

"Sorry, I thought you'd be downstairs," I blushed.

"I'll go downstairs," Karl stammered before he stood up.

"No, it's okay, I just wasn't expecting for you to be up here," I smiled.

I turned my back to him as I looked through my closet for something to wear. I pulled on some leggings from under my towel, keeping myself covered. I pulled on my lacy bralette that I found much more comfortable than my other options for bras before I dropped my towel and started looking for a shirt to wear. Now I was at least covered enough, I felt comfortable in front of Karl like this. Which is a really big deal for me.

"You're beautiful," Karl complimented as he placed a kiss against my bare shoulder.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"I'm going to shower, you can come with me if you want," Karl laughed.

"Very funny Mr. Jacobs," I rolled my eyes.

"As long as you know I was joking," Karl laughed, "at least for now it's a joke."

"PG-13 content only," I laughed, "go shower."

I playfully swatted Karl away as he laughed, closing himself in my bathroom. I put on a t-shirt and sat down on my bed, waiting for Karl. He changed after his shower and we both went downstairs, to figure out what we were going to do for the rest of the night.

"You really had fun surfing?" I asked as I took the seat next to Karl on the couch.

"I did," Karl assured me, "we're going to have to go a few more times so I can get better though."

"I will bring you surfing whenever you want to go," I promised.

Karl kissed my temple before he grabbed the remote. I let him scroll through movies on Netflix, not actually caring about what he picked. He picked Jurassic Park which I will admit I had never seen the ending of. I always get most of the way through it before something interrupts me.

I cuddled deeper into Karl's side as we watched the beginning of the movie. I couldn't focus on it thought, I was too preoccupied with what Karl said at the beach.