Forty-Six

I was working on some homework while Karl was playing Minecraft. He wasn't streaming, just playing. He knew I needed to concentrate for a few hours so I could finish these assignments before next week, so playing Minecraft kept him occupied without distracting me as well.

I was almost done, I only had a few problems left in my physics assignment before I was done for the week and we could do whatever we wanted with the rest of our weekend together. And honestly, that would most likely involve watching movies and being insufferably cuddly with each other like we are every weekend. But it was my absolute favorite thing.

"Hey baby," Karl got my attention, "I want to show you something."

"Okay," I smiled.

"Can you get on Minecraft? It's in the game."

"Did you build something for me?" I asked.

"Maybe," Karl shrugged.

I giggled as I logged into my account and let Karl put me in the server he was in. As the world loaded, I recognized it. Whatever he built, hopefully the guys don't care that he built it in their coveted server. I followed Karl to wherever the build was, passing his house and even the Eiffel Tower. There was something on the edge of the map, hopefully out of the way so no one would mind it.

"Baby, what is this?" I asked with my bottom lip jutting out.

"I built us a house! And the boys don't know about it so you can't tell them," Karl laughed, "do you like it?"

"This is beautiful," I admit.

"I added some specific touches so look around at everything," Karl smiled.

I looked through the ground floor before I went up the stairs. The main room was a bedroom with two beds next to each other and flowers placed in flower pots in a few places. Everything about this house was beautiful for being built in Minecraft and it was entirely made of quartz. This must have taken him hours to build.

"Baby, this is beautiful, why did you make us a house that must have taken so many hours?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to make you something special," Karl smiled, "but you have to come see the backyard before I tell you the main reason why I built this."

I left the house and walked around to the back of it, seeing a fountain and a pool and some benches to sit on with flowers all over the place.

"So what do you think?" Karl asked.

"I love it," I insisted.

"Do you want to know why I decided to build this?" Karl asked.

I nodded excitedly to where Karl was sitting at his desk while I waited to hear from him.

"I wanted to do my best to make a house that showed what I want our future to look like, together," Karl smiled.

"Our future together includes a pool and one bedroom," I smiled.

"Well I guess, but mostly it's about our house. I used red wool in some places in the house because red is your favorite color. And I want to get to decorate our house together, which is why the decorations inside are so simple," Karl explained.

"You're too good to me, you know that?"

The gesture was unmatchable. No one had ever put so much effort into something for me for no reason. It was sweet and kind of him to do this for me; for us. Little did he know how similar this Minecraft house actually was to the dream house I had looked at with Ashton this week, and that only made it even more perfect.

"Baby," I smiled over at Karl, "you would want to live with me? Like if I were to move, you'd want to live with me?"

"Are you kidding? I couldn't imagine a life happier than one that I get to spend every day with you, I'd love to live with you," Karl smiled, "are you thinking you'd move out of Wilmington?"

"It's just still a possibility, and I've been wondering if you'd even want to live with me," I shrugged.

"I would love to live with you. Would you want to live with me?" Karl asked.

"There's not much else that would make me happier."