Forty-Seven

After all week of being apart, I was anxious to get back to Karl's for the weekend. On my way to Karl's, I stopped at the house I had fallen in love with in Raleigh. Karl thought I had to work late today since that's what I told him, but really I'm meeting with the sellers of the house. I climbed out of my car and walked up to the front door where a professional looking man and woman were standing.

"Hello, Avalon?" The woman asked.

"Yes ma'am," I smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Amy and this is my husband Mark," she introduced us, "ready to look around?"

"Absolutely."

Even though I had already seen this house, she gave me an official tour. Which to my surprise included the information that I was the first person who had reached out about the house since they had put it on the market.

"So how old are you?" Mark asked.

"Twenty-one," I answered politely, "I am in the market to move back home to Raleigh now that I'm graduating from college."

"What were you studying in college?" Amy asked.

"Biomedical engineering and physics," I smiled, "I'm starting an internship here in Raleigh working with cancer patients who have lost limbs so we can design them new robotic prosthetics."

"That's impressive," Amy smiled, "so what do you think of the house?"

"I absolutely love this house," I admit, "would I be able to bring my boyfriend over this weekend to look at it? He hasn't seen it yet."

"Of course," Mark smiled, "if you want us to show him around too, we can."

"I think I want to do it if that's okay," I smiled, "but I absolutely love this house and I'd like to put in an offer the beginning of next week after my boyfriend sees it."

"Would he be moving in with you?" Amy asked.

"Yes he would," I nodded, "I just want to be sure that he loves the house as much as I do before I put in an offer, but I don't have any real doubt that he'll love it any differently than I do. I just want to be sure."

"Well you know how to reach us if you need anything," Amy smiled, "let us know what you think by next week."

"I will," I smiled.

I got back out to my car and drove away from the dream house. Until tomorrow dream house, hopefully you're a dream house for him too.

I finished my drive into Raleigh, seeing the sun go down as I drove. I found the closest Taco Bell to Karl's house and got into the drive thru line. Since I'm going to be getting home so much later than normal, I should bring him food. Because I really don't want to get there and then cook something to bring him.

I was waiting for his food in the Taco Bell drive thru when I got a notification that Karl had gone live. I smiled as I opened up his stream on my phone, hearing his voice and some of the guys he's in the server with.

"Where's Ava?" Karl read from his chat as his cheeks burned with a blush, "Princess is on her way here for the weekend, she had to work late today."

"Where does Ava work?" Sapnap asked.

"At a law firm for now," Karl answered sounding proud, "until she graduates at least."

I smiled at Karl's words. It was such a simple sentence but he seemed so proud of me, for me not even really doing anything. I love him.

"Punz you're a simp. When we met you, you were simping hard for this girl," Sapnap laughed.

"Dude who?" Punz tried to defend himself.