28. Mysterious

Just like that, summer break ended. You were back at school as a third year, your last year. It was hard at first adjusting to the new feeling, but eventually you got the hang of it and enjoyed it.

Unfortunately you and Sakusa haven't talked since the wedding night, simply not having time to talk because of practices and school. Crappy excuse if you asked anyone else but it was how it was.

The Miyas and you still kept in contact though, they still picked you up everyday after school ended to walk home together.

You learned your lesson in never turning away from the ones who loved you most. It was your biggest mistake, and one of your biggest regrets ever.

•-•

Now it was almost Nationals, after winning Interhigh-Preliminaries again, your team got to skip First-Rounds again.

Immediately, you and your team went into Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and finally, Finals.

It was just you, and Itachiyama Institute left. After they lost finals last year to Fukurodani Academy, they fought like you to win Nationals this year. And just like that, it ended with just you and them.

It was both yours and Hasumi's third year. Both of you were seeking to win Nationals before graduating and leaving your schools in victory. But only one of you could win, this was a competition, that would only end badly.

Over the course of your third-year, you became the number one ace in the nation. Over throwing both Hasumi and the other aces. It made her furious seeing that you finally have passed her after so long.

But today, you felt hyped and energetic. Out in the crowds stood Udai Tenma, your older brother, The Tiny Giant. Or Small Giant, whatever you preferred.

You wanted to do nothing more then impress him, show him the skills you've worked so hard on to improve and sharpen.

Him being there gave you more of a reason on why you had to win. Your team and you have gotten so far, too far to stop now.

The new first-years in your team were amazing, one of them named Hayami, was already a potential making of an ace.

You took her under your wing, teaching her all you knew before you would have to leave. She was always cheerful, energetic, and sometimes simple-minded.

But she had the spirit and skill of an ace, and after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, she was almost ready. It actually came to notice that, she came to Levina Ackah after hearing about you.

"The number one ace in the nation, Udai Y/N."

After watching you play in Nationals last year on her television, she wanted nothing more then to play volleyball and meet you.

And lucky for her, she got to.

You were sure that after you graduated, the team would be left in good hands by her. The next ace of Levina Ackah's volleyball team.

"Udai-san, are you nervous?" The little middle blocker and your team's first decoy asked you.

You smiled at her, "Of course I am, but I change that feeling to excitement and motivation. Do the same Hayami-chan, and call me Y/N-chan okay?"

Her eyes brightened at your request, ferociously nodding her head in return. "Okay Y/N-chan!"

Turning to the crowd you made eye contact with Tenma, you waved at him before turning back to Hayami.

"Hey Hayami-chan, look over there." You told her pointing to Tenma who stood by your parents.

Her eyes glowed even more, waving her hand excitedly at her other idol. Tenma chuckled and waved back, making Hayami almost faint.

Meanwhile, your eyes searched through the crowds, frowning not being able to see him.

After Atsumu accidentally spilled the news to you, you expected him to be there with them. But you couldn't find even Atsumu or Osamu anywhere in the large crowd.

But still you kept looking through the crowd in hope of spotting them, your eyes searched through the faces and people carefully, not wanting to miss him.

Before finally your eyes landed on him, his black eyes which were so mysterious and magical.

While on the other side of the court, stood Hasumi. She saw where you were looking and averted her eyes towards the crowd. She saw him, she saw Sakusa. And she saw the both of you staring at each other.

She felt anger, jealousy, and fear. She wanted to crush you now, after stealing her number one female ace spot, she wanted to do nothing more then show the people she still had what it takes.

And seeing you and Sakusa, only made her anger fuel even more. She could feel her heart slowly sink seeing the sight.

She was more then ready to win Nationals now and prove to Sakusa that his eyes should only be on her, and that they were only made for her.

"I'm going to win your heart Kiyoomi, please, wait." She silently whispered to herself clutching her chest.

"𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔, 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚌."