Chapter 1

Mary's POV:
I'm sitting in my room, doing homework while listening to music as usual. I hear a loud knock on my door
"Come in." I say, annoyed that I have to pause my music.
"Hey," it's my big brother Ashton "just wanted to let you know we're going to be practicing in the garage today, so some noise might come up."
"Ok whatever I was almost finished anyway. And it's not noise, it's music." I say
He just giggles. I swear, my brother giggles too much.
"Oh and I wanted you to meet Luke since you guys haven't been introduced."
He pulls a tall, awkward boy into my room. He's very timid at first, and he does this thing with his feet. He's wearing black skinny jeans with a hole in one knee, a Nirvana shirt and has his blond hair in a quiff. I know who he is, he's very popular at school and he's always in my garage practicing so I don't really need Ashton to introduce him.
"Hi, I'm Luke." he says. He then bites his lip and just looks at me.
I feel a little awkward considering I'm in sweatpants and a t-shirt with my hair up in a messy bun. If I had known it was meeting him I wouldn't have changed into this after school.
"H-hi I'm Mary, nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too." he says while flashing a smile.
"Well Mary if you can, can you come down and tell us how we sound?"
Ashton's always wanting to know if they sound good. I've told him numerous times they do, but he always thinks they don't.
"Yeah sure I'll be down in a bit."
Ashton smiles really big "Thanks." and closes the door.
A few minutes later I hear them playing. My room is directly above the garage, so I don't even need to go down there to hear them. But I like watching the guys perform. Especially Ashton, it's kind of cool how he can transform from a sweet, happy, giggling ball of happiness into this crazy drummer.
I pick up my clothes from school off of the floor and put them back on. I walk down the hallway to the steps. When I get downstairs, my mom walks through the front door.
"How was your day Mary?"
"The usual."
"That's always your answer."
"Because that's always how my day is. Ashton wants me to listen to them in the garage, so I'm gonna go."
I walk into the kitchen and go to the door that leads to the garage. Before I open it I hear Luke talking.
"Seriously, what's so wrong with saying your friend's little sister is cute?"
Me? Is he talking about me? Of course he is. Calum and Michael don't have any little sisters.
"Well first," says Calum "She's a year younger than us."
"So? I said she was cute not that I wanted to like bang her or-"
"Hey! Remember she's my sister. Okay dude?" I hear Ashton say.
"And, you have a girlfriend who would not be happy to hear that you think another girl is cute." adds Michael.
"Okay let me just get some things straight. I said she was cute. Actually she's like a few months younger than me, and she's in the same grade as us. And my girlfriend and I are about to end it for good."
"Aww he likes her so much he even knows her birthday." Michael teases.
I was happy to hear the thing about his girlfriend. I don't like her that much, and she bullies me a lot.
"No-" Luke starts to say.
I twist the doorknob and walk in.
"Hey guys, sorry I took so long."
"That's alright, we were just getting ready to start. Weren't we, guys?"
"Yeah." says Luke
I walk over to a folding chair and sit down.
"Okay, play away." I say
AN: it's literally two years later and I'm reading this and laughing bc I had no idea what I was doing😂