Chapter 28

Luke's POV:
"Luke?" She says with big eyes
"I needed to do this, just invade things work out for the band and we get into a rush of things. This is a ring that I chose just for you," my eyes feel watery "and it's kind of like an engagement ring. But it's also a promise ring."
She puts her hand over her mouth and lets out a small laugh.
"I promise that, when you're ready, we will get married, but only if you want to. I also promise that I will remain loyal to you. No matter who I encounter. No matter how many models or groupies sit near me in a photo, I want you to know that I'm only thinking of you."
"Luke..."
"So, would you do me the honor of being engaged to be engaged?" I say "If that makes sense."
She looks back to everyone, and I do too. Anne is nodding, but then leans her head on Ashton's shoulder.
"My little girl." she says through tears
"Luke..." she says "Luke, I'd love to."
I put the ring on her and wrap her in a hug.
"Thank you so much," I say into her hair "you have no idea how hard that was to do in front of everyone."
"Everyone?"
I gesture over to people standing and watching us, and they clap.
"Oh, sorry I didn't really notice them. I kind of went out of it." she says
Mary's POV:
I wake up and look at my hand.
No ring.
Why does this always happen?
I look at my phone and see its 7 am. Luke may be up right now, so I call him.
The phone rings a few times before I hear a groggy "Hello?" At the other end.
I smile a little "Hey,"
"I miss you."
"Luke," I laugh a little "it was last night."
"Oh, yeah."
"I have a question."
"And I have an answer."
"When is it you leave?"
"Saturday."
So it might have happened.
"And uh, what happened last night?"
"Um, we became engaged to be engaged."
"Ok."
"Hang out today?"
"Sure your place or mine?"
"I was thinking mine."
I smile a little before answering, "I'll be right over."

------------
"What do you want to do?"
I think for a moment. I only have two whole days left with him before he leaves, and who knows when they'll be back.
"I want us to do something we never got to do in our friendship."
"Ok," he says raising his eyebrows "and what is that?"
"Well," I say hesitantly "you've never officially spent the night. I mean, we've slept in the same room before, but..."
"Like a sleepover?" He asks
"Yeah, sort of."
"I can ask my mom." he says
"I don't think mine will like the idea, but I can try."
He goes downstairs and I call my mom.
"Hey Mom, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"So, the guys are leaving Saturday and Luke and I wanted to do something."
"Okay..."
"Well, you know, he's basically my best friend-"
"Who also happens to be your boyfriend." she say
"Well, yeah, but I was wondering if he could maybe spend the night?"
All I hear is silence on the other end.
"Mom?"
"No."
"What?! Why?!"
"Why?" She says "Why? Because you are a teenage girl, he is a teenage boy."
"Mom, I know this."
"Things will happen," she says "I haven't been that strict when it comes to supervising."
"Mom, I want to sit on my bedroom floor and play CandyLand with him, not have his dick inside me!"
"All I'm saying is, young boys and girls give into temptation easily. I don't want you to be pregnant at 18!"
I pull away from the phone.
"Hello?"
I
"I have a proposal," I say "we go to the house and you and Liz talk it over."
She doesn't speak for a few minutes.
"Be over here at one."
"Thank you so much!"
Luke walks in
"Did she say yes?"
"Not yet but she wants to talk to your mom at our house in," I look at the time "half an hour."
"Ok well my mom made lunch and she really wants you to eat."
-------
Luke's POV:
I knock on the door and Ashton answers.
"Hey Luke, hi Mrs. Hemmings."
"Seriously, Ashton, you need to stop calling me that. You've known me for years." Liz says with a laugh
I go into the dining room
"Mom?"
"We'll just talk in here."
Liz goes into the dining room and I go into the kitchen, get food and plop down on the couch and turn the TV on.
"What're you up to, Ash?" I ask
"Oh, you know, out."
"Out?" I ask, raising an eyebrow
"Yes, out."
"With a girlfriend?"
"If you must know, I'm going to get some more drumsticks." He says with a sigh
"Whatever you say pal."
"What are you guys doing?"
"Netflix," Luke says as he plops down too
"Oh, that reminds me. The new episode of Orange is the New Black was added today."
"Thanks, see you later."
I grab some popcorn and hold my hand out, then eat it like a lizard. I SEE Luke out of the corner of my eye.
"What?" I ask
"The way you eat popcorn, it's cute."
"Shush, I have the mind set of a three year old, I know."
After a few episodes and a whole movie, Mom and Liz show up.
"We've decided, that, under supervision, Luke may spend the night." Liz says
"Thanks Mom." Luke says with a smile
"But," Liz continued "I will also be here, but we will be downstairs and check on you every hour."

AN: lol this sucked but I hope you liked it -H :)