Chapter 25

Mary's POV
"No," I say "no just friends."
I sit back in my seat and start to cry.
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry?" He asks "Why are you sorry?"
"Because I'm pushing you into the friend zone and I've made you feel like I've moved on from you. And I'm just really confused right now because Michael snuck into my house a while back and kissed me and I thought I liked him but I like you. I'm sorry."
"He-he did what?"
"He told me he liked me-"
"Calm down, don't cry. I know he likes you, he told me."
"But I kissed him back and I kind of liked it."
His eyes get wide and he looks like he's hurt "But, you're mine." he whispers
"I'm really sorry, I'm just going to walk home." I get out of the car and start to walk
I hear him start to drive slowly behind me and turn around "Don't follow me."
I set off into a jog and get as far away from him as I can, never looking back.
Finally I turn around and see him getting out of his car.
"I told you not to follow me."
"Yeah, but I know how you are. You really wanted me to follow you and even if you didn't, I still would've."
I cross my arms and look at him. All of this is killing me...I'm dying inside. I look at him and just get so confused.
Luke's POV:
"Let's make a deal." I say
"Ok." she says hesitantly
"I, Luke Robert Hemmings will remain best friends with you, Mary- Wait what's your middle name?"
"Jade."
"Ok. I, Luke Robert Hemmings will remain best friends with you, Mary Jade Irwin under one condition."
"And what is that?" She asks, laughing a little
"That once we are out of high school, you're mine."
She thinks for a few seconds "Deal."
"Really?" I feel my face light up
"Yes," she says "but what if you meet someone you find attractive?"
"I've already met her." I say
I see all of the blood rush to her cheeks.
"No need to blush."
"I'm not." she says
"Come on, get back in the car."
*
My schedule has been pretty packed lately. We're practicing Monday,Wednesday,Friday and Saturday now. We've had a few gigs here and there, but we're not going anywhere. A lot of people have been watching our videos, but I'm still not sure if we'll ever make it big.
School started back a few weeks ago and I'm already stressed out. Its my senior year and I'm determined to graduate. Mary has been helping me like she did last year, and she's really making a difference.
We've straightened things out between us, we're just friends. She said we could date other people, but I have no intentions to do so.
Mary's POV:
"Fuck babe...I'm gonna have to break you in."
"Michael! F-FUCK!"
"Move, Clifford, get out the way!"
I look up and see Luke hovering over me. His chest is bare, and I reach up and touch his broad shoulders.
"Hey princess," I feel myself swoon "I'm going to take care of you."
He smirks a little and chews on his lip ring.
"L-Luke..."
I wake up, it was just a dream.
I get up and look out my window. The sky is black, except for a few stars, it can't be any later than 3 am.
I raise up my window and climb onto the roof. I lay down and watch the sky. I feel like I need something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
-
(It's terrible, I know, I hope you guys are enjoying the chapters I've written. Mary told me she doesn't know when she'll be back, but we may co-write the next story and she will probably finish the last few chapters of this story :) -Hayley)