Chapter 50

Luke's POV:
I hear music start and my eyes dart around, searching for her. I'm not sure which way she's coming from, but then I see her.
I feel everything stop and I can't see anything or anyone but her. The music muffles and I feel like my heart is in my stomach and my stomach is in the floor. I can only hear myself gasp. She's just so...pretty. I know that makes me sound lame but I just...there's no other way to describe her.
But then I realize how I must look next to her. I start feeling nervous and I realize what is going on. I'm getting overwhelmed and I think I might actually cry.
Mary's POV:
He's there, in his suit, standing with his hands behind his back. He has the stupidest little shy grin spreading across his cute little face and I can't  help but smile at him. We get closer to him and I see he is twisting his feet...and I think he might be crying.
Ashton hands me over to Luke.
"Hi there." He whispers
"Hi."
We go through the traditional introduction of the ceremony and then it's time for me to say my vows.
"Luke, I've been looking forward to this day for years now. When I first met you, I never thought this would happen. But it is, it's happening right now. I can't believe it. We've been through a lot together and have managed to always come back together even after the toughest times. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise to always stay with you."
I realize that I was staring at his chest the whole time so I look up at him and see him staring at me, smiling like an idiot. I wait for him to say something, but he doesn't. He just keeps looking at me.
"Luke," I whisper
"What?" He asks, startled
"It's your turn."
"What?"
"It's your turn."
"Oh..." he says softly, "Oh!"
He pulls a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and clears his throat.
"Mary, when I first met you I thought there was no way you could possibly want to be with me. I was wrong. I know you love me deeply and I want you to know that I love you too with every ounce of my being. I know we've been through a lot of crazy sh- stuff together and we will most likely go through even crazier times. I really do love you and I'm so happy I get to be with you for the rest of my life."
We exchange rings and it's time for him to kiss me. He leans in and then glances over at everyone.
"It's okay." I whisper
He kisses me and I feel a smile spread across my face as soon as our lips touch.
It's official. We're married. He pulls back and looks at me, his eyes wide.
"We did it." He whispers
I grab his hand and turn to face our families.
"Yeah..." I say, raising our arms in the air, "we did."
Luke's POV:
"Please welcome Mr. and Mrs Luke Hemmings!"
"Did you hear that?" I ask "Did you hear it?"
"Yes, Luke. You've been calling is that for the past week."
"I know, but it's official now."
I take a deep breath and walk through the doors with her. Her grip on my hand tightens and I walk her over to our seats.
*
"I'd like to make a toast," Michael says, quickly standing up from his seat, "to Luke and Mary, the newlyweds. Now it's time for babies!"
"Michael!" Audrey whispers
"I'm sorry," he says, looking around, "it kind of slipped."
"It's okay," I say, laughing harder than I have in a while, "I need to say something."
I stand up and wipe my hands on my pants.
"I just want to say thank you to everyone. All of you have been so kind to us and have helped us through the past few years. If I could repay you, I would, but there's nothing I can do that would express how thankful I am. I'm thankful for this beautiful girl right here," I say, looking down at her and nudging her arm, "I still can't believe I'm actually married to her...thank you."
I quickly sit back down and grab Mary's hand.
"Hey," she whispers, "you're ok. There's no need to be nervous, okay?"
"Sorry."
"All the big things are over. I'm right here holding your hand. I won't let go as long as you don't want me to."
Soon my nerves calm down but now she seems a little upset.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing just...I've been around too many people for too long."
"We can step outside if you need to."
"Okay." 
I take her hand and walk outside.
"Better?" I ask, leaning against the wall
"Much better." She sighs, sitting down and kicking off her shoes
"You wore heels?"
"I had to, Mom wouldn't let me wear anything else."
"How long did it take you to learn how to walk in those?"
"A month."
"Hm." I say smugly, still leaning against the wall
"What's so funny?"
I look over at her out of the corner of my eye.
"Oh, I'm just imagining you trying to walk in those shoes for the first time."
"Shut up."
"You probably looked like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time."
She doesn't say anything so I look over at her.
"Okay I did."
"I knew it."
She must have put her shows back on because I hear her walk over to me. Even with her heels on she's still shorter than me, so when she stands in front of me I still have to look down a bit.
I glance down at her and she's looking up at me.
"What?" I ask
"I love you. You know that?"
This funny feeling pops up inside of me as soon as she says that. It feels like something has exploded inside of me.
"I love you too."
She kisses me and it's unbelievable.
"You know, it's almost time for us to go." She says, playing with my tie
"Yeah...it is."
"And then we'll get to go home and finally be by ourselves."
"Maybe we should go back inside."
*
Mary's POV:
"Wait! I've always wanted to do this!" Luke shouts
"What?"
He opens the door and hoists me up into his arms.
"I don't think you should be doing this Luke."
"Shh, I'm being romantic."
Once he gets me over the threshold I make him put me down. He takes my hands in his and I look up at him.
"I'm so happy." He says, flashing his goofy smile
"Me too...I thought this day would never get here but here we are, married."
"And we have a whole week to ourselves." He says, wiggling his eyebrows
"Mhm." I say, reaching up to kiss him
"I hope Michael is okay...he got a little into the party."
"Oh really? I couldn't tell." I joke
"Yeah...I'll never forget the look on his face when he realized he said 'Now it's time for babies!'" Luke says, giggling
"Me neither," I say, taking the pins out of my hair, "and I thought Audrey was going to die then and there."
By the time I get to our bedroom door I've taken all the pins out and he's already taken his jacket, tie, and shirt off. I look back at him in his dress pants and tee shirt.
"Maybe Michael is right." He says nonchalantly
I put my hand on the door knob and lean against the door, grabbing his arm.
"Maybe he is."
I pull him into me while opening the door. I can do whatever I want now, I don't have to worry about anyone criticizing me for it.
His hands move to the zipper of my dress and he helps me get out of it. I would have changed out of it but he was a bit eager to get home.
We sort of dance over to the bed and he gets on top of me. His cold hand runs down the front of my body, startling me. His lips find their place on my neck and I turn weak...Whenever he does stuff like this I'm putty in his hands.
His lips trickle from my neck to my collar bone and up to my lips. I close my eyes, eagerly waiting for him to go ahead...but he doesn't.
"Luke-" I start to say, but I let out a little gasp, "oh!"
He starts to lift his lips up from mine but I don't let him.
My fingers twist around the sheets on our bed and his lips go back to my neck.
*one week later*
Luke's POV:
The next morning I'm woken up by the sun peeking through the curtains. My eyes slowly open and I stretch, rolling onto my side. She's laying there, her body encompassed by the sheets. I lay there and watch her until I see her eyes slowly start to blink.
"Hi..." she says, her voice groggy from waking up
"Morning beautiful."
She rolls over and puts her head on my bare chest and I wrap my arm around her.
"Good morning." She says into my chest
"This week has been amazing." I whisper, planting a kiss in her hair
"I don't want it to end."
"I have to go."
"I know...I just don't want you to."
"It's for a few months and then I'll be back on break, and it will be longer this time. Then we can do anything you want."
"Promise?"
"I promise."