Bad Timing

|Paul's POV|

Jamie and Izzy were pretty upset with the news. They told the guys they would meet them outside while they finished grabbing their things. Now here I was in the kitchen cornered by not only my two oldest daughters, but my wife as well.

"Dad, you promised!"

"Seriously uncle Paul. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in thinking that you wouldn't try to pull one over on us. That you'd actually meet our boyfriends without any ulterior motives, but then you do this."

I looked over at Steph with pleading eyes to help me out, but she just shook her head. Guess I have to go this one alone.

"Girls, you know that they would have to meet them eventually, what's the issue with getting out the way now?"

Jamie just rolled her eyes and walked away. Izzy on the other hand had more to say.

"You just don't get it. It's not about them meeting our extended family. This is about you micromanaging everything, once again. Do we want you in our business all the time? Of course not, but hey, it's who you are. Do we need more overprotective men in our lives? No, but we still love our uncles. We appreciate you looking out for us and know that you always will, but dad, you didn't have to do this. You could've waited. You could've invited Tyler and Brandon back over tomorrow to spend more time with us as a family for all I care, but to do all this? It's not just the uncles, it'll be grandparents too. This weekend just wasn't the time."

"Your boyfriends..."

"What? They don't have a problem with it? Why the hell would they dad!"

I fixed her with a look and she took a deep breath.

"Izzy..." Steph cut in.

"I know, I'm sorry. Our boyfriends would agree to meeting our uncles because you put them in a position not to disagree. Oh and fun fact about the two of them, they tend to go with the flow and adjust as needed."

"That's not a bad thing."

"No, but you have really bad timing. You did this purposely. I had every right to be upset with you earlier. The boys will be back over to meet all your lovely brothers. They gave you their word and I can't expect them to go back on it. Mom, I'll text you when we get to the hotel and give you the details. See you guys tomorrow."

With that she left the kitchen and called for Jamie. I was about to go follow them, but Steph stopped me.

"Don't you dare."

She left the kitchen and within a few minutes she was back.

"You, me, office, now!"

Her voice was low and I immediately felt like one of the kids. I've seen her use the same tone with them and knew nothing good came with it. I followed her to the office and she took a seat behind the desk while I sat across from her. Talk about role reversal.

"Steph..."

"I can't believe you blindsided them like that Paul. That wasn't fair and you know you wouldn't want to be put in a position like that. You told the girls you wanted to meet their boyfriends. Their boyfriends took the time to fly out here not just to visit Izzy and Jamie, but to meet us. Granted, I already met Tyler, but you get my point. This was supposed to be a get to know them as a family weekend and you went and invited your damn brothers."

"Steph..."

She held up her hand.

"There's nothing for you to say Paul. Did they leave yet?"