Mom's Warpath

|Steph's POV|

I went into the kitchen to make dinner. Seconds later Jamie, Izzy and Zach came in.

"Um, dad told us to come help get dinner ready," Izzy said.

At this point, I'm not even in the mood to cook.

"Order takeout and get enough for everyone.

I didn't wait for them to reply. I went upstairs to my bedroom. I took a shower to try and calm down. As I got out, Paul came in and sat on the bed. He didn't say anything. He just watched as I moved around the room.

"Steph."

"What?"

He raised his brow at my hostile response.

"Dinner is here."

"Where is Aurora?"

"In her room."

"Did you talk to her?"

"Briefly. The rest is up to you. If you need my back up..."

"I can handle it. We'll be down for dinner."

"I know you can. I'll put food up for..."

"No need. We'll be down for dinner."

He gave me a look before nodding.

"Alright."

He came and gave me a hug which helped me relax a little bit.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I replied.

He left and I finished getting dressed before making my way to Aurora's room. I knocked and entered. I saw her sitting on her bed with a tear stained face.

"Mommy..."

I held up my hand to stop her. I wasn't in the mood to hear the sob story at the moment.

"I don't want to hear it."

"I'm so..."

"Aurora, I don't want to hear it. Get up, wipe your face and come downstairs for dinner."

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled.

"I didn't ask if you were hungry. I told you to do something and I expect you to do it. Is that understood?"

She stared at me before going into her bathroom and slamming the door. I went and opened it up and she jumped as I did.

"What's the problem?"

"N-nothing. I'm doing what you said."

"Lose the attitude before you come downstairs."

"Okay."

I left her there and went downstairs to see that my family had started eating. Paul knew I wouldn't want them to wait anyway. He looked my way as I took a seat. I gave him a slight head nod letting him know everything was fine. The kids were talking among themselves and Aurora came down a few moments later. She took her usual seat next to Zach. There wasn't much conversation after that, a lot of small talk. That is until Jamie spoke up.

"Um, uncle Paul and aunt Steph, I need to talk to you guys later on."

At that moment I remembered Michelle saying Jame had something important to talk to us about. Ever since she got home she's been staying to herself which isn't like her. Whatever it is, we'll work through it.

"Sure thing. We can talk later tonight, okay" I said, giving her a warm smile to calm her nerves.

From the look on her face, I knew it was something big and she was nervous talking to us about it. How bad could it be? Then again with these girls, who the hell knows.