Daddy Duty

|Paul's POV|

NXT just ended and I just wrapped things up with the crew. I was heading towards the car to leave when Shawn stopped me.

"Hunter!"

I slowed down and he fell in line as I continued to make my way to the exit.

"Heading home tonight?" he asked.

"Yeah. Aurora got into some trouble at school. Skipped class, left school, Shane caught her. Come to find out she's been skipping classes since the holiday break."

"And you guys are just finding out?"

"My thoughts exactly. I have a meeting with her principal and teachers tomorrow afternoon."

"The job never ends."

"You got that right."

"Alright, have a safe flight. Keep me posted."

"Will do."

He went his way and I went off to the jet. The plane ride was roughly 2 1/2 hours. As the jet took off, I called Steph to check in. She answered after a few rings.

Hey baby.

Hey you. Looks like you're on your way home.

That I am. How'd things go once you got home?

Pretty good. Shane has already cooked and fed the kids which was a big help. Yes, before you ask, I ate.

I can see you had some wine too.

Sure did. Anyway, I talked to Rory.

How'd that go?

Better than I thought it would. I mean at first she was very nonchalant about it, but I made it clear we were punishing her not because of her friends but because of her actions.

I still want to know who these so-called friends are.

So do I, but the fact of the matter is, she's the one that made poor decisions. Now she has to face the consequences.

Agreed. How are the other 3?

Murphy and Vaughn enjoyed their afternoon with Shane. Zack is in his room, should be sleeping, but probably on his game.

He give you any trouble?

No. Just had a talk about arguing with Rory.

About what?

A boy had dropped off homework for Rory that she missed today. Zack apparently doesn't like the kid.

A boy?

Yes Paul, a boy.

I'll have a talk with Zack.

I'm sure you will.

Well, I just wanted to check in. Should be home in a few hours tops.

Don't forget to set the alarm.

I won't. I love you. See you soon.

Love you too.

Knowing my son was still awake, I decided to give him a quick call. He answered after a few rings.

Hey son.

Hey dad. Calling to make sure I'm taking care of the girls?

I couldn't help but laugh.