31

"he hasn't been home for a long time now."

"how do you know?" jisung asked.

"taeyong never ever lets a dust touch his apartment. EVER. even when he's too tired from work, he would still clean his entire house without hesitation. that's how of a clean freak he is," doyoung explained.

"then where would he go?!" ten asked.

"there's another way to know," jungwoo spoke.

jungwoo took his old phone from his old apartment, which is just in the building.

lucas and doyoung were confused why his apartment is still not occupied by other people when he had left months ago.

"why are you still..." lucas asked.

"i asked the landlord to not occupy that space because i might return. who knows? i still pay for that place. anyways..."

"i'll call taeyong using a different number, and we'll see, then..." jungwoo said.

jungwoo dialed taeyong using a different number, taeyong picked it up, but was he the one who answered it?

"hello?" jungwoo spoke and put the phone on speaker.

"who's this?" a girl spoke, obviously it was seulgi, not taeyong.

"this is taeyong's cousin? yeah, i really need to speak to him right now, it's a family matter," jungwoo said.

"he's not here, what is it? i can send him a message."

"i'm sorry, but it's priva—"

ten covered jungwoo's mouth because he heard muffled screaming in the background. like someone's mouth is covered with something.

"can you hear that?" ten mouthed.

everybody's eyes widened and doyoung was about to scream when kun covered his mouth and johnny held him back, because he might get caught spying.

"hello?" seulgi spoke from the phone.

"could you put taeyong on the phone, please? i really have something to talk to him—"

"NO," seulgi said firmly.

"excuse me?" jungwoo asked, scoffing.

"I SAID NO," seulgi said and it sounded like she was moving, like she's hitting someone.

"you can't decide—"

"don't be a fucking brat and stop moving!" seulgi whispered, but they all heard her.

"JUNGWOO HELP-" taeyong was cut off by seulgi ending the call.