17

4 years ago

doyoung was just sitting on the swing eating his ice cream late at night alone, when he felt footsteps and the footsteps suddenly stopping behind him.

it went like that for almost a minute.

"staring is bad, you know?" doyoung said.

taeyong was surprised by how doyoung knew he was there and said, "so-sorry i-i'll go then—"

doyoung turned around and stopped him, "wait, please-"

doyoung stopped talking because he noticed taeyong was holding a balloon which made him chuckle.

"is it your birthday or something?" doyoung asked and gestured him on the empty swing beside him.

"yeah," taeyong responded.

"wait, for real?" doyoung was surprised it's true.

"are you new here? i don't often see you in this neighborhood," doyoung asked.

"so you're from around here?" taeyong asked.

"i'm from this town since i was born, but i just moved in this neighborhood 2 months ago," doyoung explained.

"oh. so do you go out often?" taeyong suddenly asked.

"since i'm a student across the building i stay in, yes i do go out often," doyoung said.

"happy birthday, by the way...?" doyoung asked his name.

"oh! taeyong. my name's taeyong... lee taeyong," taeyong responded.

"thank you by the way," taeyong thanked doyoung.

"i'm doyoung. kim dongyoung, but please call me doyoung... i don't really like being called dongyoung."

taeyong just nodded and said, "i'll get going then."

"i'll see you around?" taeyong asked.

"huh?" doyoung asked, confused.

"oh! i guess i didn't mention that i just moved in this neighborhood yesterday," taeyong said.

"it's kinda funny actually because i moved in late at night, i think my neighbors hate me already, especially the one next to me because i was being too loud last night, making him knock loudly on the wall from their room," taeyong chuckled.

doyoung frowned and laughed, "the same thing literally happened to me last night!"

"really?" taeyong asked.

"yeah. so... i'll see you around?" doyoung asked.

"hopefully," taeyong answered.

they both went to their own paths.

while taeyong was walking on his way to his apartment, he was scrolling through his phone, when he bumped into someone, he was about to get upset over it, until he raised his head.

"doyoung?"

"taeyong?"

"wait, so you live here?!" doyoung asked, still surprised that he bumped on to taeyong.

"yes!" taeyong responded.

"so you were the one that moved in last night? wait..."

"what's your house number?" doyoung asked.

taeyong responded with, "127!"

"mine's 126!" doyoung said.

"so you were that cranky guy who knocked loudly last night, huh?" taeyong teased.

doyoung scratched his head, "i just don't like it when my sleep is being disturbed."

"sorry for that, by the way," doyoung added.

"me too," taeyong said.

"so, i'm guessing you moved in because the university is just across, right?" doyoung asked.

"wait so you study there, too?" taeyong asked.

"yeah," taeyong responded.

"since we're neighbors now and go to the same university, do you wanna hang out in my place?" doyoung asked.

that was actually doyoung's way of asking if he wanted to be friends.

since taeyong is a smart guy, he got what he was trying to say.

taeyong smiled and said, "sure."

that's how doyoung and taeyong met, on taeyong's birthday. that's why it's important not for taeyong only, but to doyoung too.