37

when they arrived at the hospital, jungwoo, lucas and jaemin were running as they pushed them to the operating room because they needed immediate surgery.

the others arrived later and they all waited in the waiting area, extremely nervous and anxious. everybody were going crazy. especially jaemin, who's scared that he'll lose his best friend. the only reason why he's doing the things he love.

jaemin had been moving his foot up and down, walking back and forth, biting his fingernails and pulling his hair out of frustration.

kun sat down beside jaemin, and tried to calm him down.

"jaemin, calm down first. renjun will be okay—"

"how can i calm down? my best friend is inside that operation room, doctors opening him up, not knowing when i can see him again or... will i still be able to see him again?"

"hey, don't say that. renjun's our friend, too. and we know he'll be fine. you know how renjun is. he's strong, isn't he? you should know that better. don't let that fear eat you up, jaemin and keep your head high. he's going to be okay," kun said.

unfortunately, jungwoo and lucas had to sit together. as much as jungwoo hates it, he had no choice because his knees are too weak to even stand.

"hey, i—" lucas spoke.

"don't even think about it, huang xuxi," jungwoo firmly said.

"look, jungwoo, hear me out," lucas said.

"what else will you say? you've been caught, lucas. i know if you can do it once, you can do it again. you might fool other people, but not me. not me," jungwoo said.

"please, jungwoo. just... please listen to what i'll have to say. you never listen to my side, anyways."

jungwoo stayed silent, lucas knows that when jungwoo stayed silent, it means yes, he can explain.

"i only did it because we've been fighting. i... i was hurt that you chose your work over me and we would often fight because of it. i'm jealous that you can give all your time to your work while you can't even give your own boyfriend a kiss."

"whenever i ask for a date, you would always respond with, "i can't, i have an important meeting" or "i can't, my boss wants me to work on weekends" how can i not feel sad by that? i just wanted time from my boyfriend. i just want my boyfriend. but i guess my boyfriend doesn't."

"i... i also want some love and affection from my boyfriend, from...you," lucas continued.