10 - 48 hours

Mickey and Ian lived in the Milkovich house happily for two years. Ian was an EMT and Mickey got a job in a security company, that provided private companies, buildings with different firms and whatnot and also stores with security. They were actually able to save some money, they went on lunch dates when Mickey was working near Ian's station, they sometimes met with Ian's siblings for a Gallagher dinner.

All in all, it was pretty fantastic, they barely had any fights. After stressful days, they calmed each other down, they often cooked together and made out in the kitchen. Mandy and Lip weren't as lucky. They broke up a while ago again and Mandy was now with someone new, Zach. She and Lip hooked up from time to time though, when Lip needed to blow off some steam – Mandy was still deeply in love with him. He only dated Zach to make Lip jealous (which didn't work at all)

Those two years of heaven ended abruptly when Mickey's uncle Ronnie's meth lab exploded and the house burned down. Ronnie and his family, among them his daughter Sandy, took over Terry's house and Ian and Mickey decided to leave before this house would burn down too.

Around the same time, Zach got a new job in another state and he wanted Mandy to move with him. Ian and Mickey pleaded with her to stay here, but Mandy wanted to get away from Lip, so she left with Zach.

Zach didn't sit right with any of them. He seemed off... he seemed weirdly obsessive and controlling of Mandy's behaviour and where she was going. None of Mickey's threats ( or his brothers' threats) seemed to phase him all too much. Mickey didn't trust him with his sister and would have locked her in the basement to keep her from leaving with the man – but Mandy wanted to leave, so she left and there was nothing they could do.

Ian and Mickey now moved into the Gallagher house. Lip was at College and Frank lived at Sheila's, so Ian and Mickey had a tiny room for themselves. Fiona slept one room down, Debbie had her own room and Carl and Liam had to share the old boys' room. There was no plan whatsoever where Lip would sleep when he would come back from College for a weekend or the semester break.

The house was a fucking nightmare. Fiona was constantly annoyed with everyone and everything and was nagging throughout the day, Carl was just back from Juvie, walking around only talking in Slang and acting like he was a black kid in the weirdest and also most offensive way possible, Debbie was a teenager with capital T if Fiona wasn't screaming, Debbie was, or they both screamed at each other. She was always in a bad mood, started dressing like 16-year-old and hung out with those two shady friends of hers, one pregnant, one with three different STDs.

This also affected Mickey and Ian, who were both working a full-time job, there was no calming down, when they got to be alone at the end of the day, they were both so stressed out that they only ended up letting it out on each other.

Five out of eleven weeks they had lived at the Gallagher house now, they shad spent either yelling at each other or not talking at all.

Ian sat on Mickey's side of the bed, stroking softly over the pillow, deep in thought, when Mickey came in and shut the door. He changed into his pyjama pants and a shirt wordlessly. It was pretty easy to see whether Mickey was angry or not. When he was okay, he always insisted on wearing Ian's shirt at night, when he was angry, he would wear his own shirts.
"Still angry wi-"
"Yes, I'm still angry with you", Mickey growled.

They had a stupid fight earlier because Ian got home a little bit late (two hours because he was venting to a co-worker) and Mickey had to deal with Ian's siblings on his own (Fiona had some late shift at the diner) and had to make dinner for the lot on his own and help Liam with his homework and so on.

Ian sighed, "Mickey, we need to talk."
"I don't want to talk, I'm tired.", Mickey growled, "You're sitting on my side of the bed, get up, I want to sleep."
"No, Mickey, listen to me", he patted the blanket next to him so Mickey would sit down, but he didn't, "We need to talk, this is important."
"You always with your fucking conversations, leave me alone, okay? I had a really fucking hard day at work."