24) Recover

Adrienne had never felt so lost before, except for the time when she was being married off to Noah. After the whole Blaise incident, she felt empty, afraid. George had explained that these were after-effects of the love potion, she was bound to feel that way.

But images of Blaise trying to touch her would flash in her mind over and over again and she would find it difficult to even sleep. Nevertheless, she refused to leave Fred's side, hoping he would wake up soon. It had been a couple of hours since Adrienne had woken up, everyone else had retreated to their rooms to take a nap after the sleepless night but Adrienne stayed put, running her fingers through Fred's hair.

Her heart fluttered in her chest when he started to shift slightly, a small groan escaping his lips as he winced in pain. "Freddie? Are you alright?" she asked.

He sat up slowly, looking around him, confused. He lifted his hand to rub it on the back of his head, his eyes adjusting to the brightness. "Adrienne? W-what happened?" he asked, his voice cracking.

Adrienne frowned, quickly grabbing him a glass of water. She mixed some powdered devil's claw into it to alleviate the pain.

"A lot happened Freddie" she sighed as she pressed the glass to his lips, helping him drink the contents of it. It pained her to see that she had been partly the reason behind the state he was in at the moment.

"I-I remember some things, and-" he trailed off, shutting his eyes close, "Fuck my head hurts"

"I'm so sorry, this is all my fault" Adrienne frowned, trying to massage his forehead with her palm.

"Blaise" his eyes suddenly opened and he started looking around "Where the fuck is he?" he asked, raising his voice slightly.

"He's in St. Mungo's"

"What for?"

"Well for starters, you beat him up pretty badly. And then Hermione obliviated his memory"

Fred blinked at Adrienne, looking confused.

"Obliviated...why?"

"He knew I was married to Noah, the moment he gained consciousness he would've ratted me out so Hermione did the smart thing and obliviated Noah and this incident from his memory"

"She's a smart one isn't she?" Fred chuckled. Adrienne nodded with a smile, she was so thankful for Hermione, and for the rest of the group who had helped her so much in the past few hours.

"I do remember the bit when I stormed into his house and..." he trailed off once more, not making eye contact with Adrienne as the events of last night started to fill his head. "I know what you're thinking" Adrienne sighed, pulling her hands away and wrapping them around her knees, "I'm so sorry"

He looked at her, a frown on his face, "It wasn't your fault Adrienne, you were under the love potion. But I'm not going to lie, seeing you kiss him like that made my blood boil" Fred said, reaching out to take her hand in his, "And I'm so sorry you had to go through that, if it were up to me Blaise would've been in Azkaban" Fred said.

"I don't ever want to see his face again, ever" Adrienne had spent a long time trying to get rid of his memory. He made her shiver in disgust and she knew that the best thing to do would be to just let him go.

"Are you okay though? That was a very strong love potion he gave you, do you feel...uncomfortable?"

Hearing his words made tears form in Adrienne's eyes once more, causing Fred to look at her in alarm. "What's wrong my love?" he asked, pulling her on to the couch with him. The both of them squeezed in next to each other, Adrienne rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arm around his waist.