28) Farewell

Adrienne was awoken by loud, unrhythmic clanks on her window. Her eyes fluttered open and her first instinct was to look for Fred. She felt around for him but he wasn't in bed with her. She looked at the window and saw that someone was pelting tiny pebbles at it. She got out of bed and made her way over to the window, looking out of it only to see Fred standing a bit further away, a massive grin on his face. "What on earth are you up to?" Adrienne asked, opening the window. This time of the night really wasn't the best time for her to handle Fred's antics.

"Come outside!" he called to her.

"Now?"

"Yes, now!" he replied. In confusion, Adrienne pulled on a sweater and stepped outside the window, jumping the short distance from the windowsill. Fred made his way over to her.

"Fred what are you doi-" she was interrupted by him leaning over and kissing her lips softly. He held both her hands in his and started to lead her under the tree near the pond. Over there, rested a small radio on the grass, playing a collection of the same, slow songs that had played on his birthday. The sound of the familiar rippling of water completed the peaceful atmosphere.

"It's our last night together, I didn't want to waste it by sleeping" Fred said after pulling away from her.

"Only you, Frederick Weasley, would call sleeping at night a waste of time" Adrienne shook her head fondly. "Doing anything else besides being with you is a waste of time darling" he said.

"Cheesy much?" Adrienne chuckled.

"Only for you" he grinned, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm not going to let you go anywhere tonight Addie" Fred mumbled.

"I'm not going anywhere, I want to be here with you" she smiled  as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Even after I interrupted your sleep?"

"You're lucky I like you, you wouldn't have lived to see the next sunrise otherwise" Adrienne laughed, resting her head on his chest. 'Norwegian Wood' by the Beatles played softly on the speakers, the lyrics very reminiscent of their situation.

'I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her room'

"Remember that morning when I found you sleeping on my bed all those weeks ago? Before we got together? God I wanted to kill you for even being in my room" Adrienne reminisced.

"Course I remember, you gave me a nightmare to wake me up and then made me sleep on the couch after that" Fred said, "But do you remember that time when we went collecting wood in the forest for our camping trip? I really thought I hated you but I was so, so wrong" Fred laughed, pulling her close.

"I'm never going to forget that trip, you got a hard on in the morning" Adrienne giggled "Hey! We promised to never talk about that!" Fred pouted.

"Alright alright" Adrienne chuckled, pulling her head away from his chest to look up at him. The clouds that drifted overhead had started to become darker, a low rumble of thunder sounding in the sky. "And do you remember that one time when we...did it out here? Right under the stars?" she said sheepishly.

"One of my favourite times with you, I promise I was about to take you back inside after all the drinking we'd done but I'm guessing sex under the stars was a lot more romantic" Fred chuckled.

"This month passed by so fast didn't it Freddie?" Adrienne said after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"Too fast. I wasn't ready for it to end just yet" Fred said truthfully, looking down at her. He couldn't believe that this was going to be amongst the last times that he'd be looking at her face.