Chapter 22: Provisional Exam

3rd Pov:

It was the day of the exam. Everyone was up and dressed before normal. Hisashi had already cooked breakfast and the families were in the living room wishing the boys good luck. If they passed this then they would be on schedule for work-studies to start for them during the second semester. They then would only have the last semester of their first year and the first semester of the second year left before they would attempt the full license exam. 

"Good luck son. Remember no matter what I will be proud of you regardless." Hisashi said while hugging his son. Izuku just hugged him back and thanked him. Izuku looked back over his memories since he first met his dad. From the beach, the meeting of the leaders and board of directors, meeting Luke and Kyle, becoming friends with Leon, meeting Seth in class, and celebrating his first birthday since the age of fourth and then all the birthdays he had after coming to this home... to this family. "Thank you for bringing me to Germany that day dad. I doubt I would still be alive if I hadn't run into you that day." Izuku whispered into his dad's chest. Hisashi knew how bad Izuku's mental state was underneath the maturity. The therapy sessions had done a lot of good and meeting his soulmates had helped Izuku come far from the destroyed child that Hisashi had found on that beach. 

Soon everyone was finished talking and it was time for them to head to the school for the transportation to the exam site. The Principal, the homeroom teacher, and a few other staff that had direct interaction with the boys were going to be on-site for the exam. 

-- Time Skip --

Everyone arrived at the exam site and was escorted by a hero commission staff person and a UN representative who caught the boy's attention. The Principal and staff from the school looked like they knew that the UN Rep. would be on-site and didn't mention anything as they walked off in a different direction. Soon, the boys found themselves in a changing room where their suits were being watched over by a UN Rep. 'What is with all of the UN Reps.?" thought all of the boys. However, they soon pushed it out of their mind and got changed and talked a few details out for the exam. 30 minutes passed and a staff person from Germany's hero commission came in to get them. The boys were taken to a door and it opened for them. They soon found themselves in a room with a lot of other test-takers. They could see other exam takers being brought in like how they were. Soon after about another 15 minutes of waiting the staff announced the exam was starting. The first portion of the exam was a knock-out. You had to knock out 10 other people to get points to get to the next round. After that would be a rescue operation of getting civilians from the destroyed city and take them to the medical tents. 

Overall, the Featherless group just powered through the first portion. Izuku just used his flying and threw balls at people and used his shield to block balls from others. Kyle and Luke just used their nine tails and threw so many balls at people that they got their points in the first 10 minutes. Seth just blasted people with the balls he threw and knocked some people through some dam walls! Leon had smacked Seth on the head for that though. Leon used the balls as he did with his blades. He controlled them at a distance and got his points quickly. The entire group passed the first part without a problem. Then came the second portion. In this portion, the group just worked together and used the shadow traveling from kyle to transport people quickly. Overall the exam was anti-climatic for the boys. They did see fake villains that came into the exam but the boys just destroyed the fake villains like cutting a hot knife through butter. 'This is too easy...' thought all of the boys. 

Soon, they learned that they had passed the provisional exam. "Well, that was anticlimatic..." Izuku said and the others agreed. Then they heard a voice. "Sorry, but everyone inst on the same level as you. If we tailored an exam to your level only you guys would pass." stated the hero commission official. They then were taken away for the team-based exam and were told that this has a high standard due to how teams are meant to be far powerful than individual heroes and deal with almost any threat. "The pass rate for Germany's team-based exam is 5%. Good Luck." stated the hero commission staff person. As the boys stood in front of a door to a new area they came face to face with a ghost town once it opened.